casual messenger bag recommendations

cersepn

my girlfriend got me a jack spade bag for christmas last year. it's probably the best gift i've ever received... i use it at least 5-6 days a week, and its got pockets for everything i might need to carry on me: ipod (w/ hole for headphones), laptop, keys/phone, nintendo ds, camera, books, an easy access slot for newspaper/magazines, not to mention a nice slick design, and a really high build-quality. i can't recommend it enough.

Not so much what the original poster was looking for, but as an alternative to Timbuk2, try Chrome. I've got the mini-metro and I use it for my laptop, a change of clothes, a drink or two, and a couple books...imagine what can fit in the larger ones. Very comfortable, even if I'm biking ten miles in 96 degree weather.

http://www.chromebags.com

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody ever get a Jack Spade bag off ebay? The prices seem too good to be true, which to me usually means knockoff if it's on ebay. Anyway, can someone help me out and give me some tips as to what to look for if it's a real or knockoff bag? Thanks.

i got a jackspade bag off of ebay before. it was legit. i bought it off of a guy who never sold any before and it was slightly used. i bought one with a broken zipper so it was dirt cheap (something like 60 dollars for a 400 dollar briefcase). anyways, had the bag sent in for 20 bucks and kate spade and company slapped on a new riri zipper. so i pretty much got a very very slightly used 400 dollar brief case for 80 bucks.

watch out for sellers that sell alot of them at very low prices. if its too good to be true, it probably is.

i really don't know why i keep pimping this brand but i just discovered it and it seems to have lots of quality stuff.

check out: http://www.filson.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2065706&cp=2065674.2065687

the small carry-on bag also comes in green (like the bag the OP posted) and it would be waxed cotton as opposed to nylon so i t hink that would wear better.

(P.S. I realize that there are like 5 different threads about messenger bags, maybe the mods can combine them and make a "The official messenger bag thread" )

i have a bagjack

but i kinda regret buying it cause its not that great

it just shows that you are ballin

should have gotten a baileyworks or something