Going to tokyo, need advice

phen3N

im going to tokyo at the end of this month. ill be staying at keio plaza hotel in shinjuku. i checked out the shop list/map and i plan on checking out uniqlo, journal standard, beams, etc. also shinichi gave me directions to fabfour so i could get some skulls :D . anywhere else in the vicinity that i should check out? is it easy/safe to get around the city? is it easy to communicate in english at these shops? thanks ;)

there are pleanty of posts if you use the search. i know because i was asking the same types of questions last month before i went to japan. getting around is pretty easy as the subway lines are all color coded. just make sure that you buy your ticket at the right machine as not all the tickets are good for all the machines so i would wait until you see the line that you want and get the ticket as close to the line entrance as possible if that makes any sense. communicating in english can be hard. the other thing that i found odd at first was that japan doesnt have a grid system in terms of streets so there are side alleys everywhere and thats usually where the cool stuff is. if you dont know any japanese just point and talk slowly and you should be fine. thats basically all i did and it seemed to work ok.

i want to go back. japan is so much fun and i didnt spend enough time in tokyo to check out all of the different districts.

hope this is some help and like i said use the search tool to find a lot more posts about tokyo.