Unholy Matrimony

I did some searching around, and it doesn't look like anyone has talked specfiically about this label. Might as well make a thread about it I guess.

Unholy Matrimony is done by LA-based artist/designer Brett Westfall, usually with handmade washes in pretty limited quantities. Only a few places in LA stock it, usually with only one or two items at a time. It's kind of unfortunate, because I would love to get my hands on some more of his pieces. I happened across wasteland in LA, who for some reason have a ton of his t-shirts pretty cheap. I managed to pick up a couple, except they have mostly smalls and larges (I'm usually a medium).

Anyone else into unholy matrimony here? Share your stories, etc. Any more info on the brand and getting ahold of pieces besides t-shirts would be cool.

I was trying to post some photos on here but was having trouble uploading them for some reason. You can check his website out at http://k-artmarket.com/BRETTO-TOP.html for more info though.

i am totally into unholy matrimony and have killed myself trying to find more information besides an article i tore out of Metropop magazine.

how long ago did you see the shirts in Wasteland? i'd love to pick up some pieces,

what was the price range like?

there used to be an unholy matrimony shirt on sale at the hintmag.com

web shop; it was something like 160 dollars.

Is blackbird a shop in washington? I haven't heard of it. I know that the Hollywood Trading Company in Santa Monica sometimes carries it, although they only have a few pieces usually. Maxfield in LA used to have it. Other than that, I think that's it for LA. I've seen very limited quantities of it pop up in tokyo too, usually at united arrows.

Wasteland has unholy matrimony shirts for only $28, new with tags. They had maybe 10 when I was there on saturday. They also had a couple really cool button down hooded sweatshirts. They have raw seems, no pockets on the outside and a bunch sewn on the inside. There only had two: one black, one white. I got the black one but the white one's still there. I think it was around $50 or so. The prices are defnitely enticing.

Hintmag did carry unholy matrimony in the past, although I think that is no longer. I don't know of any other websites that carry anything by Brett Westfall. I'm especially interested in seeing more of his outerwear. Pretty much all anybody has are his shirts (which are admittedly cool).

um those prices are insane. that was this past saturday?

i can definitely live with a large and alter items if they're too big...

does wasteland have a website or a phone number that you know of so i can

bother them about this stuff?

Very basic website here: http://thewasteland.com/. The phone number is on there. You would want the LA store (located on melrose). I'm not sure if they do phone orders or not. Wasteland is primarily a vintage/designer recycle shop, although they sometimes get in shipments of new designer stuff, as appears to be the case with the unholy matrimony stuff. The nice thing about them is their prices are very, very reasonable. That place has been a goldmine for me.

And yes, I was there this saturday. Wasteland should still have a decent selection of stuff.

For the fun of it, I think I'll post some pictures on here later tonight of the very limited unholy matrimony collection I've managed to procure.

For the fun of it, I think I'll post some pictures on here later tonight of the very limited unholy matrimony collection I've managed to procure.

please do, i'd like a better look at what you bought so i have an idea of what to ask for.

Hey, I'm trying to upload the photos on here, but it keeps giving me error messages. I've tried resizing, posting through my computer and through photobucket. I've posted photos on here before without any problem. Anyone know what's going on? Are the attachments down or something?

I love that sweater. I forget the exact price I paid, but it was somewhere around $50 or $60. I haven't seen any grey button front shirts, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. As I mentioned before, this stuff is notoriously difficult to find. It's hard even to track down photos of what's out there.

Guest jmatsu

i became aware of unholy matriomony a long time ago, but hadn't seen his shit in a while.

i think his claim to fame was being discovered by rei kawabuko and some of his tees being sold at cdg years ago. i've never examined any of his other stuff. how is it? it's kind of nice to know that the guy had no formal training/design experience yet is getting recognized. does anyone know what shows he does or if his stuff is just inhouse showings?

I love the bunny shirt! I found a really torn up, tied-dyed one a while back at crossroads for only $10. I kept it for a while but ended up reselling it on ebay.

As far as I know, unholy matrimony doesn't do any formal showings. They've got some crappy pics posted on their website of each season's designs, but that's about it. He's got some kind of arrangement with a small shop called k-market in nagoya, and united arrows, ships and beams occasionally stock him I believe. I've yet to find a shop that has more than a handful of his stuff. I agree though, it's cool he's getting some recognition.