Small e Type I jackets available at the Levis Store

jake431

They have "special" trucker jackets - that's what they are called on the paper tag, but when you ring them up they come up as Type I. Anyway, they are $68, and come in rigid/raw as well as predistressed. They are longer in the body than originals, and sized S-XL, rather than suit sized, but for $68 I now have a totally raw Type I jacket that I can beat the shit out of and wear without feeling like I am endangering a $200 LVC jacket. They have the Type I detailing - cinch back, one pocket, silver buttons, rivets at the sleeves, all the right details. Levis did a Type II jacket like this a few years ago that I stupidly did not pick up; I didn't make the same mistake twice (if only I learned so quickly in my dealings with women!) and got the jacket immediately. They are brand new, not even on the website yet, and I don't know how long they'll last. But if you are looking for a beater jacket with a lot of style and no hand warmer pockets, I'd go snatch one up.

-Jake

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=15117

^^ denim jacket thread

oh...and you sound like a levi's salesman

Just pretty excited. I like a jacket I can beat up and not think twice about. Plus I think the Type I and Type II styles are cool, and certainly more interesting than the Type III which everybody and their mother makes a version of, or a derivitave of. I am brand agnostic, the denim is all.

-Jake

you got these at the retail store?

Yeah. I was wandering around and stopped in the Levis store on Michigan avenue in Chicago. I checked their website and nothing's up yet. The burnout dude behind the register said they were brand new, guess he wasn't kidding.

-Jake

Yeah. I was wandering around and stopped in the Levis store on Michigan avenue in Chicago. I checked their website and nothing's up yet. The burnout dude behind the register said they were brand new, guess he wasn't kidding.

-Jake

lets have some pics :)

lets have some pics :)

I will try to take some this evening or tomorrow. There aren't any online yet (I checked this morning).

-Jake

So like repros they have no pockets on the side? I was originally gonna flame you but that's surprising actually.

Correct. No side pockets. I'm not saying this jacket is made of denim that is as high quality as the LVC collection. But for a jacket you can just wear and beat up, try to get some cool fades going, I think it's a pretty good deal.

-Jake