Pinching creases.

I saw some people trying this over at the Mynudies forums to get more defined creasing.

Does anyone here do this? It seems that you just pinch the creases as they form, but no one has posted any pictures of it so I don't know how it would look.

Anyone have any pics of jeans that have been "pinched"? Do they look a little artificial?

I saw some people trying this over at the Mynudies forums

You could have stopped right there. Pinching the creases really offsets the whole "conform to your body through natural movement" ideal that Nudie champions so proudly. It ends up looking very artificial and too heavily defined. I would advise against it, apocalypse. Give it half a year before you expect to see anything serious going on with your skulls.

I'd imagine that pinched creases, sanding, and all that can give good results as long as you just want a nice looking pair of jeans and don't really care whether it represents your lifestyle. I mean, is it really that different than the stuff 45rpm does for their bespoke denim?

Thanks for the responses guys. I found some posts that showed a few pictures of creasing and it looks SO fucking artificial They look like some pre-washed 7FAM jeans I had from a few years ago.

Glad I didn't do anything I regret :P

I wouldn't mind seeing some links, if you still have them around.

Haha, that person definitely over did it. Thats some of the ugliest crap I've seen.

Anyway, back when I started with raw denim, I got kinda impatient with my Nudie's and did some work on them. I pretty much just sat down, legs folded (so that there were creases), and took a wet towel to them. The result was fine.

I pinch my creases sometimes when I'm bored at work. It's not a conscious thing really, I just fidget if I'm waiting for something. It doesn't really do a whole lot unless you're really creasing hard or like ironing or something.

Also, that's my only complaint about my Julian Reds. They always crease like 4 random lines on the lap, and it just looks weird. I tried to iron it out, but the damage is done. I guess it's part of their deal, but I wish they would just leave it alone.

agreed - those jeans look hideous.

but that's not to say that a bit of judicious pinching always has to look shit.

i've always found the whole 'your denim is a journal of your life' attitude to be a bit self-satisfied and bullshitty.

it's a pair of jeans, not the turin shroud.

i've pinched, and i ain't ashamed to admit it. personally, i've found it to be useful - especially if you like your jeans a bit looser than the standard sufu fit.

i'll try and post pics of my sorahikos later, so you can see what you think...