animal collective appreciation

ndmhxc

just saw these guys in denver a few weeks ago...been obsessed (even more than before if thats even possible). easily top five shows ive ever seen.

been jammin on the prospect hummer ep, sung tongs, and here comes the indian lately.

any other fans?

Really? I went to one of their shows and I didn't really like it much. I did enjoy Feels though. I just thought that the show was kinda drawn out and their stage presence was only okay. I think I nearly fell asleep during one of their songs...

I'm in hot anticipation of Strawberry Jam from what I've heard of live recordings of Fireworks live.

Feels and Sung Tongs are amazing as well but I can't really get into their other stuff. Maybe I'm not fit to comprehend it just yet or something.

Really? I went to one of their shows and I didn't really like it much. I did enjoy Feels though. I just thought that the show was kinda drawn out and their stage presence was only okay. I think I nearly fell asleep during one of their songs...

were they playing their noise or their more melodic shit. cause the first time i saw them, they played an hour and fifteen minutes of noise and tribal shit, which was fuckin awesome too, but this one was more cohesive and i was shitfaced and the club doesnt care if you smoke weed inside, so it was a great time.

saw them back in november--i was bummed the whole week but already had tickets--they turned my night, heck the whole week, around.

great show (they were having fun but played songs and the crowd was into it)--will prolly see them when they swing back thru, but tkts are a bit steeper now...m'eh. i like feels & sung tongs. some of the earlier stuff makes my head spin and my stomach queasy--yes, a physical reaction. dunno... i do like them.alot.:)

these guys are crazy. crazy music. they remind me of fiery furnaces kinda.

not totally sure if i see the comparison, but great band as well. anyone into panda bear? person pitch (contrary to many peoples opinons) was fucking AWESOME. reminds me of the beach.

Haven't posted in a while. Been busy. But keeping up with super future still. Anyhow. My friend saw them in Denver too. He is an abolute music freak and I mean that in the best way possible as I've been getting back into music again. He turned me onto Broken Social Scene at a time when I had fallen outta music and busy with less fun things. Needless to say BBS blew my mind live.

His absolute favorite band (and he hears a lot of music) is ANIMAL COLLECTIVE. He hadn't seen them live yet when he first started talking about them. I have to see them live if they are as good as you say. What I heard by them sounded very unique experimental and pushing the envelope without being hard on the ears. Yes. Great band. I need to hear more.

Oh, and if I may plug another great live band: MEMOMENA. They are pretty mesmerizing for three dudes. I think I once saw someone post on Super Future or elsewhere that they liked Animal Collective and believed that the ANNUALS kinda picked up where they left off. I didn't hear a ton of similarities but only saw Annuals live and just have one of their tunes. Animal Collective...neither live nor have any tunes by them. Need too though.

i never got into their stuff

the two biggest music snobs i know walked out of one of their shows a couple years back, which afaik they had never done and haven't since

so that sort of convinced me thay weren't worth the trouble

but i love that panda bear record, and the most recent ac ep didn't immediately turn me off

my official stance may soon change

i'd complain that they're too self-indulgent at times, but so are a lot of my favorite bands, so that doesn't mean much

• 4 weeks later...
were they playing their noise or their more melodic shit. cause the first time i saw them, they played an hour and fifteen minutes of noise and tribal shit, which was fuckin awesome too, but this one was more cohesive and i was shitfaced and the club doesnt care if you smoke weed inside, so it was a great time.

I'm pretty sure they were playing their noise. To give you an idea, for a good five or ten minutes, one of the guys (I'm only a casual fan, so I can't give you specific names) was kneeling on the floor screaming into a mic covered with a bandana.

• 2 months later...