boards in tokyo

digs86

sup superpeople,

anyone know how much skateboards [not a complete - just the deck] is gonna cost me in tokyo/osaka/main japanese city and where i might be able to grab one.

tokyo skate shops probably rock, and hopefully prices of skate branded apparel are a little lower [ i'm just wishing here aren't i] than in those main street fashion stores.

hell, its worth a shot.

tanks guys.

plus.. any superskaters taken their board on a plane as handluggage - can you even do that? they can go to hell if they want my baby in the cargo hold - the luggage dudes will just end up having a go and breaking their ankles - then i'll NEVER get it back!!!

I've had a mix of treatment at airports - some let me take it as carry-on, others have slapped a big airline sticker across it and thrown it in the hold ... with all the security hype at the moment, chances are it will be taken off you ...

You might want to try taking your set-up apart. Whenever I fly, I put my deck flat in my hand luggage and my trucks in my hold luggage (double bagged and wrapped in towels to prevent damage).

If you've ever seen Mike Vallely confronting a security guard in a video, you can understand why the airlines might view boards as pretty dangerous.