ties + short sleeves?

Guest StuckOnStupid

Guest StuckOnStupid

what do you think? i like wearing a tie these days, and im wondering what you think about the short sleeve button up and tie look? im trying to think of some examples to show you...i think a model on the apc site is doing it...yes? no? is it real? did i pay too much? am i gay?

what do you think? i like wearing a tie these days, and im wondering what you think about the short sleeve button up and tie look? im trying to think of some examples to show you...i think a model on the apc site is doing it...yes? no? is it real? did i pay too much? am i gay?

Considering that during the England Vs. Canada conflict of late 2006, I swore you posted a picture of a skinny white boy in the urinals and said it was you doggy,

but then followed up with a picture of a smiling atractive black man in glasses a few weeks back to much critical acclaim, I'm going to say.........

You paid too much and you're gay.

Thanks for asking.

Guest StuckOnStupid
026%20Lucky%20nerd.jpg

i think it would work for you...

i forgot to mention that. its a thin line between what im talking about and that. i got a dope hounstooth linen shirt the other day that im thinking would be great with some garbadine trousers and a skinny cotton tie. fuck it im stealing a tie today, i am gonna make this work.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Considering that during the England Vs. Canada conflict of late 2006, I swore you posted a picture of a skinny white boy in the urinals and said it was you doggy,

but then followed up with a picture of a smiling atractive black man in glasses a few weeks back to much critical acclaim, I'm going to say.........

You paid too much and you're gay.

Thanks for asking.

word? you think im attractive? thanks G!

and it was me. i was going through a skinny point then.

observe:

December -

2-3.jpg

a sleek 200 lbs

March/April

DSC00334.jpg

a budding b-cup.

im getting fatter by the minute too.

It's a hipster affectation. It was sort of trendy in 2000 or so (actually, Cloak, in it's first incarnation, had this sort of geek chic vibe,) and has popped in and out since then. Very Thom Browne. I personally think that it looks too affected, but even so, have seen some guys do it. It helps to be *really* skinny. I am 5'11" and just shy of 155 lbs, and I'm too big to pull this off convincingly.

Guest StuckOnStupid
It's a hipster affectation. It was sort of trendy in 2000 or so (actually, Cloak, in it's first incarnation, had this sort of geek chic vibe,) and has popped in and out since then. Very Thom Browne. I personally think that it looks too affected, but even so, have seen some guys do it. It helps to be *really* skinny. I am 5'11" and just shy of 155 lbs, and I'm too big to pull this off convincingly.

i just tried it out on my lunch break and you are absolutely right on all counts.

^ The short sleeve and tie combo bothers me less than the untucked shirt. I honestly cannot stand when people wear ties and don't tuck in their shirts.

But back to the tie plus short sleeve combo. I think it is a look that can work, although I'm sure it rarely does. I might have to give it a try now that it is summer (and I too like wearing ties more these days).