Afl

Tyro1

• 2 months later...
yeah i reckon we're over our mid-season slump now, once judd gets back to full pace we'll be looking good going into the finals.

bloody dockers, i tipped em this week thinking they might cause an upset :(

+1....think the eagles are definitely going to continue their return to form. hopefully the worst of the injuries are behind us too.

at first glance i thought this was the ALF thread. i'm over my initial disapointment now. aussie rules is pretty ok.

"hey willy...can i eat the cat?"

The Cats have it on lock. Only real competition will come from the Eagles, and I don't think they'll be able to match a red hot Geebung.

Should be an interesting finals though. Sydney are looking a bit tired, but should still be in the final four. The Hawks aren't good enough yet to get too far. Port should do some damage, but are maybe a little bit unpredictable/inconsistant. The Saints are starting to get it together at the right time, and could very well make the 8, but have a tough run home. I can't make my mind up about North - sometimes they look good, sometimes they look ordinary. I can't see them being able to match it with Geelong, West Coast, Sydney and Port, but I can't stand them for some reason so I'm biased (Shinboner spirit pffffffffft!!!). Essendon are fucking trash, if they make the 8 whoever gets them will be licking their chops. I can't fucking stand Collingwood so hopefully they drop out.

Hopefully the Doggies can sneak in. Not liking their chances though, they've got some hard games ahead. Can't see Brissy slipping in either, and the Crows are basically fucked - the Showdown will be a massive game this week.

• 2 weeks later...

More thoughts on the finals race..

I don't think anyone could look past the Cats at the moment. Too strong all over the ground - keep one important player down and someone else will bob up. Looking pretty ridiculous at the moment - Cats vs. Eagles/Swans/Kangas will be bloody phenomenal finals footy.

Eagles also coming good. Obviously their biggest concern is injuries. Embley down today and Judd absolutey fucked with the groin - will be interesting to see how these two in particular hold together, as both are obviously top flight and massively important to their chances. Without those two in very good nick I can't see them pulling off back to back.

Sydney starting to solidify at the right time, as usual, and looking the goods. Still not firing on all cylinders so will only improve, and I really don't think its a stretch to say they will definitely go deep into September.

Port are still looking shakey - looks like they can't really match it with the teams that work hard and strong in the toughly contested games. Have a few important inclusions to slot back in, so will be dangerous, but will probably choke.

Still not too hot on the Hawkers for anything serious. Not their time yet, but they're okay - might win a final or two depending on who they draw.

Not too sure on North yet either. Like I said I hate them, but I missed the Eagles/Kangas game so can't really say how well they contested it against a top flight team. Appears that they've done okay, but the talent is just spread too thinly and is predominantly amongst the senior guys. I'm interested to see how they go tbh, I think they'll have an honourable loss or two (in typical 'shinboner spirit') and exit early. Still don't think they will be able to match the Cats, Eagles or Swans.

I guess the Pies are safe, but they could drop out if they lose their games against Sydney and Adelaide, as I'm expecting they will. Would be very interesting if they do. Fuck you pies! Go whoever plays them!

Was a crunch game for the Saints and Doggies this week but neither could pull it off. The finals race has obviously opened up even wider now - 6 teams into 1 atm - but it looks like the Saints in particular have missed the boat with their tough run home.

So 8th is between Brisbane, Bulldogs, Crows or mayyybe Freo. Brisbane looking the firmest at the moment, but its feasible any of the others will sneak in. Piss off Freo - can't stand the bastards!