mayweather de la hoyaaaaaaaaa

who will win  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who will win

• mayweather will obviously tattoo that greasy mexican
    • oscar will decision because they are fighting in fucking vegas
    • larry merchant is a funny motherfucker

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say de la hoya by TKO.

why? this is why:

de la hoya has more experience

de la hoya is a natural 154 pounder

mayweather is moving up to this weight class. has not fought a lot in the previous weight class.

de la hoya has bigger reach

de la hoya is a much bigger puncher

de la hoya has a granite chin

mayweather didn't look all that great against zab judah.

going up, effectively two weight classes, is going to be tough on mayweather. not only is it tough on the body to put on that weight, but he won't be as fast as before. he hasn't fought at this weight, and above 150 pounds, people start hitting really hard--especially a puncher like de la hoya.

so there you have it.

Fuck Miz, you should just blog about this so when Hoya wins you can wag your finger and say "I told you so, bitch!"

I'm not familiar with either boxers but that bit of info is very enlightening.

then again, i could be completely wrong and i will have to eat my words.

i bet against de la hoya when he fought vargas and i was wrong. in his fight with mayorga, we saw how much of a difference the weight really makes. mayorga is a heavy puncher, but when he went up weight to fight de la hoya he got picked apart.

de la hoya was beating sugar shane but gave up fighting in the last rounds which cost him the fight. sugar shane is just as fast and twice as strong as mayweather.

now, they are friends and sugar shane is de la hoya's primary sparring partner for the mayweather fight. if de la hoya can keep up with sugar shane, then he should demolish mayweather.

but then again, if mayweather can keep away from de la hoya's strong left hook and recently improved right hand, he could run away with a decision win. we've seen it happen before--the most famous example is sugar ray leonard vs. marvelous marvin haggler. sugar ray couldn't hurt marvin but still won the fight due to flurries and showboating.

very excited for this fight.

Usually I root against the Golden Boy, but to see Mayweather and his fowl mouth and ego being deflated on the biggest stage of his life, is simply just too delicious to pass up.

And yes, Larry Merchant is a funny mofo. Going senile live, right before our very eyes...

i do think de la hoya will win, i think this stems from different things. the first being that i think that oscar is definetly a more skilled fighter. also sparing with mosley is going to help cause, i do see mosley a better figher than mayweather so even just sparring will push him ahead. the thing im wondering is if Floyd Sr. is going to play any part. i know he said he wants no part of this but if it were my son fighting i would completely sell out my former protege to help my son. oh well fights all paid for gonna check back after the fight on saturday.

My heart says Oscar but my brain says Mayweather. He's just such a great fighter, Oscar is a legend to me already, very determined fighter who is smart and very driven.

I know people think that Mayweather has to move up but the will drop so much of that before the fight, he also looks good with extra pounds. Oscar also has to fight smart, if this fight go to distance he will be in trouble. I really want to agree with Miz but I have to say Mayweather wins by decision.

(I sure hope I'm wrong)

de la hoya rubs me the wrong way. maybe its just how the hbo show tries so hard to make him seem like he has no flaws. having him running with his dogs and shit and giving his wife birthday cake. i dont think hes a bad guy, but the bad guy/good guy angle is too obvious.

mayweather ftw. especially cause he hangs with fiddy. i bet they ride segways together.

ok, so i checked the vegas odds:

mayweather -190

de la hoya +150

total rounds over 11 1/2 -265

total rounds under 11 1/2 +205

wow, the odds makers are really favoring mayweather. and they are saying that it will go the distance.

maybe they know something i don't?

Vegas odds can sometimes be terribly off though, I think there was a Benard Hopkins fight where he was 1-7 dog, he bet his purse from the fight on it and made shitload of loot - or something along that line happend.

I personally think mayweather may not have enough power to knock out oscar, but his sheer speed (I think he is faster than Mosley) will be too much for Oscar and desision will go to pretty boy. HBO's been great, I think floyd wants it more, and I am also amazed by how Oscar has maintained his status in the eye of the public despite the fact he is on the tail end of his career, and despite some of his Ls (two Mosley bouts esp) which could sometimes just ruin many illustrious fighters' image.

Jim!

mayweather ftw

the guy that used to train oscar is mayweather's dad. ever since oscar let him go he has been by his son's side training every day.

i'm assuming floyd's dad knows most of his weaknesses...

That's somewhat true, but thing is Sr isn't Jr's trainer, and beyond just showing up at the sessions, there's no real evidence that he's given Jr much thorough "training" per se on how to fight Oscar, since that would be a conflict of trainers, etc..., not to mention Jr and Sr aren't exactly buddy-buddy.

Vegas odds can sometimes be terribly off though, I think there was a Benard Hopkins fight where he was 1-7 dog, he bet his purse from the fight on it and made shitload of loot - or something along that line happend.

I personally think mayweather may not have enough power to knock out oscar, but his sheer speed (I think he is faster than Mosley) will be too much for Oscar and desision will go to pretty boy. HBO's been great, I think floyd wants it more, and I am also amazed by how Oscar has maintained his status in the eye of the public despite the fact he is on the tail end of his career, and despite some of his Ls (two Mosley bouts esp) which could sometimes just ruin many illustrious fighters' image.

Jim!

great analysis. sorry, i read the odds wrong. the odds-makers are saying that it definitely will go the distance.

vegas has been very wrong before. i have a feeling they will be wrong this time around too. ;)

Jim!

I agree, floyd doesnt have the power to knock him out. De la hoya doesn't have the stamina to hang with floyd in the late rounds. Floyd will win by decision.

Anyone else a big fight fan?

There are some great fights coming up - im gonna goto the judah v cotto fight at the garden