New Levis Store in Wicker Park

B-15C

i'd definitely be down for some sort of meetup, even moreso if alcohol is involved. i thought about making some revisions to the sufu chicago guide, but i really haven't had much time to regularly shop at a lot of the places people are always talking about. i can definitely help out with the goldcoast area since i work(ed) at various places down there. the gentrification of wicker park is a discussion that could go on for hours, but like B-15C, there's a lot of the business aspects very few of us know about.

Honestly, when I think Wicker Park, I think uber skinny unclean looking hipsters w/ Chrome messenger bags and single/fixed bikes. Now way you would see anybody with a pair Diors there.

haha. that's because it'd be foolish of me to ride my bike in diors. i've lost too many crotches because of that. i wore them a lot when i worked in wicker park, but they aren't the most practical biking jeans.

This is a great idea because the supercities guide to Chicago is barren. anyway, since you suggested it, why not start the thread in Superofficial.

:)

Now it is Superofficial:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=424369

It's worth making lists first.

Wicker Park is still a little hipsterburg, but it's just the hangout still for people who live in LS/B-town/Ukranian Village. The shops are for the rich, and I'm noticing that even though I live here, there's still plenty around that I just haven't noticed.

Wow... gone for a week, and a finally a Chicago thread is up! Let's make a SuFu meet happen.

Btw anyone ever been into Akira? I've driven past it many times... never gone in.

Not to maintain the derail but... which one? I've been in them all, and the stock in each is pretty different.

akira is garbage.i worked at the mens store for a month or two,and it has mediocre brands at best.only thing almost worth mentioning is ben sherman...they have theyre own line of some of the worst quality club clothes i've seen....the details store has marc accessories,and dior sunglasses,thats it...

I always walk out of the men's store empty handed, but I usually just chalked it up to taste. I used to see interesting belts at the details, but I haven't been in for a while. I had a running gag with a friend about a bedazzled employee there and now I crack up when I walk by.

havent been to gamma yet but i heard womens selection is great while for men its all white/black.

ps: jeff mills is an alien

You are correct sir, at least on the stock. They also have some really beautiful women's jewelery-- I was in today with a jewelery designer who was telling me how crazy the prices were for an alloy, but they're really pretty. The shirts are exclusively narrow sleeves, so if you lift anything heavier than your laptop, you might feel a bit snug.

Pricy, black and white, and some very nice looking things for skinny people. They're unique to the location, and a fresh breath coming from the wesc/APC store up the street.

Edit: Jeff Mills's wife runs the store herself, and is very helpful. The place is a bit of a cave, with slim stock on the floor and a room divided by a stable of skinny mannequins. Skinny dillettantes rejoice.

is leaders that skateboard shop way out on milwaukee, or is it on north?

your talking about Uprise on Milwaukee

Leaders would be considered a streetwear store I guess. Their original store is on the southside (around my old stomping grounds), but they just opened one on Milwaukee.

your talking about Uprise on Milwaukee

Leaders would be considered a streetwear store I guess. Their original store is on the southside (around my old stomping grounds), but they just opened one on Milwaukee.

You mean this one?

Uprise Skateboard Shop

1820 N Milwaukee Ave

Chicago, IL 60647

I thought that place was old news.