men's skinny levis

Matay

I guess they're introducing this model into the American market, previously I'd only seen them on European websites. Levisstore.com still doesn't list them, so I'd even wonder if this was just a fluke and the SoHo store has got a random shipment or they're specifically stocking them, and not that they're bringing the 511's to the US.

I will try to clarify more to answer some questions about these jeans.

Both the 514 and 511 are straight leg, low rise, slim fit jeans.

My pair of 514's (oilslick wash) are stretch, but be careful because not all 514's are and I found that the nonstretch sizing is different than the stretch ones. My 514s are 99% cotton, 1% spandex. However after 6 months or so of straight wear, my 514's have stretched out a ton. The waist of my 514 which is marked 30", now measures 35". I wear my jeans pretty low, so that may explain the excessive stretching. I wish I would have measured them when they were new, but I'd say they would actually be a 32". The leg opening of my 514 measures 8.25".

The 511 is marked as skinny extra slim fit. The 511 is 97% cotton, 2% polyester, 1% spandex. Like I said, the 511 is a bit tighter than I remember my 6 month old 514's being initially. The MSRP on the 511 is actually $44. The leg opening measures 7.5". After 3 days, they have already stretched out a bit where they are now comfortable and no longer skin tight.

I would recommend downsizing in either of these jeans as they will stretch out considerably. Hope this wasn't too confusing.

i hate it when TAPERED jeans are called "skinny" jeans. it sounds so... trivial, trendy, obnoxious

definitely agree with that statement

my ex gf was talking blah blah blah i got some new skinny jeans blah blah blah

and to me thats like, hey you heard how that style is 'in' at the moment in some stupid girl magazine and now you own them, im impressed.