you experienced.. is this evisu fake?

KriBern

Quote:

theyre fake, look at the diacock print,it should be wax , that looks more like spilled yoghurt!

--- Original message by witts on Jun 1, 2005 03:51 PM

Ok, Thanks for the help. Said that there is so many fake jeans out now. And realy hard spoted for the untrained eye.

Almost feel sorry for the guy how have the highest bid right now on 110$

Sorry i cant tell the difference...

No thats true. But the fake jeans cost maybe 30$ in thailand so the quality must be much lower then the real evisu and naturally be discoloured quick. And thats gonna stain on the reputation on "the jeans RR"

sorry for grammer and the spelling its realy late :)

look at the back tag, the god head is supposed to be punched into the tag so the rest is raised and bumpy. the tag colour is too yellow. The denim does nt really look course enough ( i could be wrong though). The back pockets look a little bar tacky. I m not sure however if all of the daicocks are waxed, i know some are for sure, just dunno about all. main thing is the back tag, and the fact that the back pockets look like they have a bar tack instead of hidden rivets.

I actually think they look Ok. I saw some of the EU edition jeas like 2 weeks ago and these are not too far off as far as quality goes. I think the giveaway is the yellow bartacked back pockets. But, for all I know of modern evisu, they coluld be legit!

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Jun 2, 2005 at 09:32 PM

Quote:

haha you guys are taking shots at the new evisu styles hard.

anyway yeah, those are probably fake(the tag is off). can you post a larger pic of the jeans?

--- Original message by xxbeast on Jun 2, 2005 09:10 PM

This is the only picture i havent posted but they are so far zoomed out i dont know if they will help you at all.

hela.jpg

Quote:

i can't tell. sorry. =/

at least if you copped a varient hardly anybody would be able to tell. hell none of us know for sure so far. =/

--- Original message by xxbeast on Jun 3, 2005 08:22 AM

wait! do you have the number on the jeans? you can go to evisu's website and put that in and they will get back to you on whether or not those jeans are legit. g/l.

Quote:
Quote:

i can't tell. sorry. =/

at least if you copped a varient hardly anybody would be able to tell. hell none of us know for sure so far. =/

--- Original message by xxbeast on Jun 3, 2005 08:22 AM

wait! do you have the number on the jeans? you can go to evisu's website and put that in and they will get back to you on whether or not those jeans are legit. g/l.

--- Original message by xxbeast on Jun 3, 2005 08:23 AM

what number? dont follow you know sorry :) but if you tell me where to look i can look in to it :)

If you are looking for the lot its 0001

Edited by KriBern on Jun 3, 2005 at 08:32 AM

from the evisu website:

COUNTERFEIT NOTICE

January, 2004

Unfortunately there is currently a lot of counterfeit Evisu available on the market, especially in the UK. Also the vast majority of Evisu goods available on e-commerce and auction websites are counterfeits.

WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE THE AUTHENTICITY OF GOODS PURCHASED FROM OUR OFFICIAL STOCKISTS. PLEASE SEE THE SHOP SEARCH SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE.

In order to help our customers avoid mistakenly purchasing fakes, we are offering a free validation service. If you are unsure about the authenticity of an Evisu item, a shop or a website, email us at [email protected] with the details of your concern and weÕll get back to you as promptly as we can. The more information you give us (i.e. name and location of retailer, description of goods, other Evisu goods offered and ideally images of the goods in question) the more we can help you. It would be best to contact us before purchasing. However, the best way to ensure you are buying authentic Evisu goods remains to purchase it through our authorised stockists as listed in the SHOP SEARCH section.

All counterfeit Evisu goods are poor quality, often made using child labour and most of the proceeds end up in the hands of organized criminals. There have even been reports that selling counterfeit goods is an effective means of fund raising for international terrorist organizations.

i dont know if this can help out at all but i searched the web for some evisu stores and found this pickture of the LOT and the size isent the same on the one i posted and the one in the store

ev5je04d85nwspec_b.jpg

might only be that they are made on different machines or it might be a key thing to crack the mistery once and for al? ;)

anyone got a pair of evisu jeans at home how can look at the tag to se how its printed?

as far as i can tell from the jeans in question, the jerky tag is funny looking. also, the stitch lines are not as smooth and uniform on the belt loops. the letters on the buttons are also raised higher and more distinctive on mine. bottomline, it just isn't as well crafted as a $300 pair of jeans should be. even if it's real, are you willing to sacrifice craftsmanship for brand? if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish...well...

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

in my opinion they are fake. even if they would be authentic i wouldnt wear them, cause i know how a pair of evisus had to look back in the days. these look way different.

what does evisu authentic mean nowadays BTW? you got the crappy italian line, the shitty chinese stuff, the EU junk, even some of the japanese ones look funny. not to mention tons of fakes on ebay..it gets confusing sometimes..

i guess you have to stick to 45rpm, denime,sugarcane, buzz rickson or real mccoys to get the real deal.