Dior Homme Question

lufc_girl

Sorry I didn't want to start another Dior Homme thread but I'm really curious about the fitting on women... are they as tight fitting as if they're on men? Would a size 6-8 lady fit into size 44 trousers nicely or it's going to be loose?

I look horrible in women trousers and suits... So I'm considering my options... I love Dior's slim and clean cut... but with menswear usually they only look slim on men but when women wear them they're too big and boxy.... so... any input would be very much appreciated... :)

I think its really hard to say just based on sizes. if you cant try them on, you'd have to look for some place that has measurements of the garments and just compare those, I think thats the best way to figure out.

take a look at the sartorialist, as he recently posted two women wearing Dior Homme from head to toe.

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

funny you should mention, I was looking at the blog earlier and though the first one was actually a mannequin and the second one a man :P

DH produces certain articles (usually the more androgynous ones) in women sizes ( 42p i think ). very very limited quantities i believe, mostly for female SA's and celebrities.... lvr carried them last season but doesnt seem to anymore...

DH produces certain articles (usually the more androgynous ones) in women sizes ( 42p i think ). very very limited quantities i believe, mostly for female SA's and celebrities.... lvr carried them last season but doesnt seem to anymore...

Hmm thats odd. Does that mean Stella McCarthney would also do some of her pieces in men's sizes, the nice pastel pieces maybe?

Hmm thats odd. Does that mean Stella McCarthney would also do some of her pieces in men's sizes, the nice pastel pieces maybe?

not that odd, considering the DH aesthetic is skinny and somewhat androgynous, it's quite natural it would work on some women. (not to mention hedi's own strong desire to design for women)

however i do not see this working the other way with womenswear, and certainly not with Stella. . .

this being said, certain pieces in the developing Chanel Homme line have been known to be sized up versions of the Chanel femme line, although they are now pretty distinct, so anything is possible i guess... ;)

by the way, Shane on "the L word" wore head to toe DH in almost every episode this season, from the inverted collar to suits to distressed knits and looked quite delicious in them :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can pull off DH head to toe look... maybe only the trousers with some pretty lace blouses... ;)

The reason why I'm considering DH is because I look weird in women suits due to my flat nature (no breast/hips/bums) :P

i think the majority of the very slim sizes are kinda horded..

youd have trouble getting hold of them perhaps, but phone around, your obviously in uk with a username like that.. phone through to harrods, browns, selvredges concession and see what they got in.

failing that, they might be around tokyo side or something.. ?

Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett have worn Dior... that might help you figure stuff out.

I think Dior Homme goes beyond androgeny into quite feminine... for a guy anyway.

Maybe the current S/S collection might suit you, shear cotton singlets/shirts and high crop jackets/coats...

Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett have worn Dior... that might help you figure stuff out.

I think Dior Homme goes beyond androgeny into quite feminine... for a guy anyway.

Maybe the current S/S collection might suit you, shear cotton singlets/shirts and high crop jackets/coats...

They wore Dior or Dior Homme. Believe it should be Dior.

can't say the same for today, but for earlier seasons, stockists carried 'petite taille' pieces.

the sizing went as low as 38p (it) and have regularly been available in size 40p and 42p. my lady friend purchased a suit in a 40p from the omotesando flagship during the S/S 05' collection. once again, i haven't a clue how available these sizes are now, but you can certainly find them.

if i recall correctly, the boutiques in france, japan and hong kong (i tried on a jacket in a size 40 at joyce) have/do stock dior homme in petite taille sizes. you should also try yahoo japan auctions, they have every dior homme piece you could possibly want. further, if you're looking to invest in a dh suit, try looking for one from the earlier seasons (aim for pre 2005); the craftsmanship then was impeccable... it's all shite quality/pieces now.

by the way, Shane on "the L word" wore head to toe DH in almost every episode this season, from the inverted collar to suits to distressed knits and looked quite delicious in them :rolleyes:

shane's stylist mentioned she used dh as her inspiration when shopping for shane's clothing. shane never actually wore head-to-toe dh.

They wore Dior or Dior Homme. Believe it should be Dior.

she is correct, they wore dior homme, as did many other females (i.e. kate moss, devon aoki, helena christiensen, etc)