Etnies Plus S/S 07

maxamillion

The Etnies Plus range is really cool - certainly something you would not expect from a company rooted in the skate industry. The S/S 07 range has a crazy Parra collaboration shoe....

http://www.highsnobiety.com/home/the_daily_news/archive/2007/april/13/etnies_plus_ss_07_collection_preview/index.htm?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=27&cHash=316f900614

and also some oriental sandal type of shoes. Some nice subtle stuff in the collection. Not sure though if people will go for the sandals and I certainly do not see the regular Etnies customer going for this collection, which is not necessarily a bad thing!

Etnies+ is really hit or miss to me. They do some amazing shoes, but some look just terrible. They're all really limited, though, so you at least know if you buy them you'll probably never see anyone with them. I bought a really nice shoe they did last year in brown suede and a houndstooth fabric. If I remember right it was limited to 256 pieces.

I have to agree, etnies is onto something, I'm not a skater-fashion person at all, Opening Ceremony and Seven in NY are more my thing. Yet, I fell in love with an Etnies striped hoodie at KCDC in brooklyn and got it. It fits prefectly, just the right (small) size and almost looks hi-fashion. Totally unexpected I would find something at that store, and something I now love and get compliments for. Love to be surprised.