The new Denim Fit Comparison Thread

plongin

I was reading through alot of the denim threads (dior, canes, skulls, pbjs etc...) and I realised that alot of people are interested in certain models but aren't sure how they'll fit, aren't sure if what they're interested in will fit like something else that they own etc... (saw a fit comparison by fndmybetterhalf on the dior thread and decided that this thread would be a good idea)

I know there is another fit thread, but I don't think it matched how certain models of jeans actually looked like on single body type of a person.

So I hope that this will kinda help people figure out what might be what they're looking for/what would look good on them/what fits are similar to other models etc.

so please contribute pics of your fit comparisons (and all relevant info, recommendations etc). would be interesting to see all the body types, height and sizes and their fits!

to kick it off...

fits_1.jpg

from left to right:

1. jap dior 19cm indigos sz 29 (stretched out quite abit as you can see.. could have possibly gone with 28s)

2. skulls 5010xx 6x6 indigo one wash sz30

3. tsubi dee dee washed grey sz30

4. sugarcane 501 1947 sz30

ht: 168cm wt:62kg

i'm working on a new fit guide (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=25615)

but the pics are very much appreciated. plongin and others i've noticed that perhaps an all-in-one picture comparison would be more helpful than the format i've currently planned, any other opinions?

the problem with the all-in-one grid is that only a few existing pics are configured to such a format...and it requires members to have more than one pair in order to be useful (ie. the single jeans picture would in effect be useless)

john thanks for the photos. could i also request a little description of your body type (long legs? height and weight..build, etc) as well as side and back pics? to maximise effectiveness...

yeah tweeds, i know theres a "how do jeans fit" thread, and my idea was that compilations of side by side comparison of a few jeans by the same person would kinda be more effective in depicting diff models of denim on a single body type (which is slightly different to how the "how do jeans fit" thread works).

I think the grids would be more effective in terms of visualizing... but you're right about the lack of photos. maybe you could use this current thread to collect the necessary side to sides, and then compile?

a slight problem might be that its not as easy to produce side by sides in the sense that pple might not want to spend the time cutting and piecing together, and some pple might not know how to.

and im sure its not a problem in the sense that most members that participate in the denim forum have more then one pair; its just whether they are willing to take the time and contribute.

a slight problem with the new thread that you've set up is that there are constantly going to be new entries with new fits, and it would be extremely tedious to upkeep the thread in the current way that its panned out.

nice pics john!

in the new thread, can we have a form to fill out so we will be more likely to get the needed info like height, weight, soak, inseam, waist, etc etc? there is a way to do that in vb...

also would be nice to sort by jeans, like for example dh 19cm look VERY different on me than on plongin.

what could be done is asking for help with some of the pics because there are some pics by the same member on the fits various jeans, but it's tedious copying them into one big image. anyone who's willing to help, i can pass you the existing post IDs with the various pictures...let me know. the more people the merrier

form--great idea. is there a need for a standalone form to do this though? i'm thinking a simple How to measure your jeans diagram along with a list of body type data that we need--something that Tarmac has suggested previously

sorting by jean--could be done easily, by using a table of contents at the start of the thread.

what i'd like to do, though, is keep this thing within the forums as far as possible. creating a new site for this purpose is exciting, but i have a feeling after awhile it will fall into disuse and people will go back to posting "How does jean X compare..." etc.

thanks for all the thoughts, ayn and plongin