"Fit" - what does it mean?

hewmiri

On superfuture, I've always registered the word "fit" as a word describing the tightness/looseness of ones outfit. For example - if someone said "nice fit" to someone, I'd think yes indeed their outfit, in relativity to their figure, "fits" great. Not too tight, not too baggy, good length, etc. Lately though, I've been hearing people say stuff like "I always like your fits!" Hmm... that doesn't make that much sense. Then I realized, maybe people use the word "fit" as an abbreviation of the word "outfit"? Maybe because using the word "outfit" sounds too feminine/queer?

So what do you guys think? What does "fit" mean?

When somebody wears a certain well-loved (on SuFu) brand name t-shirt that's 3 sizes too large (but it's an ultra-limited print!); and it's followed up by five comments of "nice fit!" I get mean. Then there's the ones where somebody posts a blurry, dark, grainy, small webcam photo and gets the "nice fit" comment. Why?

Thus "fit" has reached supercliche status... stop using it motherfuckers.

Fit can also mean, hot, attractive.

"yea you are really fit, but my gosh don't you just know it"

"nice fit" = good look, good outfit

good fit on something, ie good fit on the jeans = good fitment on a certain piece of clothing