the "ask an american indian" thread

mellowbonsai

Guest jmatsu

did you like the kevin costner film "dances with wolves?" thoughts? would that shit even be possible?

in the case of "the last samurai," i definitely think not.

did native americans find that seinfeld episode funny? the one where jerry makes "indian" jokes to a native american girl?

No, although humor is relatively subjective. i'm sure there were a few out there that thought it was funny, but i suppose there are also just as many white people who didn't find it funny.

did you like the kevin costner film "dances with wolves?" thoughts? would that shit even be possible?

in the case of "the last samurai," i definitely think not.

As a movie, yes, it was good. Historically accurate? No.

Possible? Probably not, though more astounding shit has happened in the past, like the battle of Thermopylae, or that tortilla that looks like Jesus.

And in all seriousness, meth is a problem, though i would say that poverty, diabetes and alcoholism is much more of an epidemic.

Guest youngteam

what sort of season will a-rod have?

who's going to do a better job of meeting expectations -- barry zito or dice k?

where will roger clemens end up?

can you call me mr. baseball from now on?

Uh I find this pretty hard to believe. This is not the way genetics works.

It makes total sense if all the Indian women with small vaginas died off while getting raped because their organs were getting smashed by the gargantuan cocks of white settlers. The ones with roomier pussies lived on and were naturally/artificially selected.

So no, it doesn't make any sense.

• 1 month later...
1. how awesome are tomahawks

Pretty awesome.

how do i get comps to foxwoods?

i don't know, i was at Foxwoods once after a powwow trying to get something to eat, but they don't take kindly to my type around those parts. All the coastal Indians are jerks to woodland Indians like myself.

What is your favorite Iron Maiden song, mellowbonsai?

Virus...

"There's an evil virus that's threatening mankind

Not state of the art, a serious state of the mind

The muggers, the back stabbers, the two face elite

A menace to society, a social disease."

what sort of season will a-rod have?

who's going to do a better job of meeting expectations -- barry zito or dice k?

where will roger clemens end up?

can you call me mr. baseball from now on?

i'm not sure, i don't keep track of baseball, but seeing as how we're already halfway through the season or some shit, i'd guess rather well?

Dice K, just for the name.

Clemens will end up rotting in a thick wooden box six feet under the earth, just like the rest of us.

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

do many american indians enjoy bonsai

are american indians racist against any other races

what did american indians think about the ira hayes character in flags of our fathers

what is the most acceptable term for american indians, besides american indian or native american

who is the hottest american indian

would you say that native americans got it worse than black people? i mean its not like you can walk to a red roblster and see family of native americans sitting down and eating! where the hell did all the indians go!?

i know this is a Chris Rock quote, but anyway, i don't seriously believe one group has it any more worse off than others. The Jews were/are the most historically persecuted. Mexican immigrants here are doing a significant portion of the labor in the US but do not recieve proportional pay, nor citizenship. But in terms of poverty, crime, disease, population size and literacy, yes, American Indians have it the "worst".

are all indians indian givers?

do many american indians enjoy bonsai

are american indians racist against any other races

what did american indians think about the ira hayes character in flags of our fathers

what is the most acceptable term for american indians, besides american indian or native american

who is the hottest american indian

No.

No, just a coincidence.

Yes, there are some who are terrified/angry at whites. i'm sure you'd find any race runs the gamut of racial acceptance.

i didn't see the movie because i heard it sucked, but i hear the reception of his character was rather neutral/unremarkable.

They're all good. You can do any of these: American Indian, Indian, Native American, First Nations, Indigenous peoples, or identifying the individual tribe of the person, if you know it.

Hottest? i don't know, there aren't many out there, actually. i'd say... Zahn McClarnon and Irene Bedard.