Keeping white sneakers as white as possible?

Gilead

I live in a coal town, which means lots of grime in the air getting my nice white shoes all grey and shitty, what's the best way to keep white or off white canvas shoes from looking like you've been walking through an burnt out building, and the same for non-canvas sneakers like AF-1s.

I live in a coal town, which means lots of grime in the air getting my nice white shoes all grey and shitty, what's the best way to keep white or off white canvas shoes from looking like you've been walking through an burnt out building, and the same for non-canvas sneakers like AF-1s.

Nikwax makes a shoe cleaner, as well as a protectant for fabric footwear (sneakers). Dampen, clean, protect, repeat monthly.

its canvas dude, let them age then toss them in the washing machine every couple months. i like to keep leather shoes clean but i have learned to love indigo stains on white shoes.

its canvas dude, let them age then toss them in the washing machine every couple months. i like to keep leather shoes clean but i have learned to love indigo stains on white shoes.

if anything I would let leather break in and keep my white shoes clean. leather gets more comfortable and supple sneakers just get creased and worn and ugly.

starch your canvas shoes first

it will act as a dirt screen

dirt should be easier to remove when it comes time to wash them

i like to machine wash my canvas shoes

add the tiniest bit of bleach if you must

use a toothbrush to clean the soles and sidewalls

once dry, starch again

and floss