Nudies Coated denim

VDSUPREME

I bought the dark grey coated Slim Jims in my normal waist size. They fit good now (wouldn't mind them a bit slimmer), but I'm worried they may get too loose for my liking.

What are the implications of giving them a hot soak? Would it wear off alot of the coating, and thus, make it unlikely they'll get the leather-y sheen with wear? How about a straight wash in a machine?

If you soak them you wont loose much of the coating...maybe a little bit.

And keep in mind, once you wear them, they'll stretch right back out.

Once you wash them, the coating goes away and you cant get the luster/sheen anymore...sad I know...I would highly recommend buying 1 size smaller so you'll get the fit you want.

yeah i have been wearing the blacks for.... a year? Or whenever this thread started I guess and a pal of mine got some just after me and recently hand washed his and compared to my unwashed his are substantially duller. I think the sheen would come back in places (mainly back pockets) with some wear but it wouldn't be the same imo. I am a bit over the no washing of the denim that plagued 06/07 but i would actually steer clear of washing these if you want them to keep their coating/sheen.

I got these a size up from my size in Slim Jims because I know my thighs aren't the slimmest.. but they ended up being considerably looser than the SJs in the thighs. My main complaint is the high rise + low pocket - my ass = diaper ass sag bunching. :[

I can't slouch them as much as I'd like to.

something i posted on the thin finn thread before was that actually these were very versatile style wise...

you could size down and wear them skin tight or you could just stay at your true waist and just have them fitting slim...

i chose them for the skin tight look but it was very forgiving at the thighs... (i do have huge thighs)

in the case of the stretch denim... the waist has at least strecthed 1.5 inches (for me at least)...

yeah i have been wearing the blacks for.... a year? Or whenever this thread started I guess and a pal of mine got some just after me and recently hand washed his and compared to my unwashed his are substantially duller. I think the sheen would come back in places (mainly back pockets) with some wear but it wouldn't be the same imo. I am a bit over the no washing of the denim that plagued 06/07 but i would actually steer clear of washing these if you want them to keep their coating/sheen.

yeah, i had a pair of thins black coated last year too, decided to wash them after a couple of months. wrong decision. lost the coating/sheen and have never worn them since.

Thanks for all the info

yeah, i had a pair of thins black coated last year too, decided to wash them after a couple of months. wrong decision. lost the coating/sheen and have never worn them since.

This sucks. I'm not a part of the stinky-ass jean wearing crew so I guess I'll lose the sheen soon enough. The last thing women want to smell when they are unzipping your jeans is ball sweat and ass.

I recall someone having drycleaned their blacks on MN, had the same effect of a soak...partial loss of coating though not entirely. I guess it may also vary depending on the method they use to dry clean them.

yeah the black coated ones look really good. i wish they make one for regular ralf. slim jim and thin finn are too tight for my taste...

they make AJ in black and grey coated.