Ebay Spam - Anyone seen this ?

englandmj7

So, of course I have gotten the occasional: "We are from Ebay and need you to log-in to your account through a mock e-bay homepage so we can steal your password" emails, but it seems I have been getting a new type of very convincing & advanced spam over the past few days.

Basically, I bid up to $100 for some Dior sneakers that are still on E-gay and I got two emails, (from separate people, both claiming to be the auction seller, mind you) that looked like this in one day:

4cih2ki.jpg

People have already bid way over my maximum, so obviously this isn't a real offer (plus, the emails have been from two separate sellers for the same item :rolleyes:)

Anyways, have you guys seen this before? Pretty crazy stuff........seems it monitors what a buyer bids on and then generates this bogus email and then they expect you to simply send them Paypal funds? I tried responding to the email addresses they list to contact them at and they both bounce...........guess you can only reply to the email itself.......?

Hmm.....maybe.

I just found it odd that I've been selling/buying on e-bay for about 5 years and have never received spam of this nature.....then I get 2 in one day. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, I have had at least 12 offers from Nigerian refugees wanting to transfer me large sums of moneyin the past week too. At least they are honest though, right? I am still waiting on my 1.2 million Naira from Dr. Desmond Ngongo.

ebay just has "bidder 1" "bidder 2" etc on there now if you're not involved in the auction to cut back on shit like that.

i used to get a ton of fake questions to my account i don't use for ebay that didn't link to an item. i replied to one once and they sent me some random auction that wasn't mine and tried to work some money wire hustle. pretty funny.

i received 3 of them emails in the past 2 days... i bidded on Dior Homme Jeans lol... it was fishy when it says i was declared winner of new jeans for only 100 bucks

Hmm.....maybe.

I just found it odd that I've been selling/buying on e-bay for about 5 years and have never received spam of this nature.....then I get 2 in one day. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, I have had at least 12 offers from Nigerian refugees wanting to transfer me large sums of moneyin the past week too. At least they are honest though, right? I am still waiting on my 1.2 million Naira from Dr. Desmond Ngongo.

haha. those guys sound so sincere in the email.