Nike Air Tech Challenge / Agassi is back

maxamillion

what did the original stabs look like, the newer ones are ok but never blew me away so im wondering what am i missing. but those agassis look off dont remember what the original look like exactly but something seems a bit wrong.

man, i found a brand new pair of those at the thrift store a couple years back and wore the shit out of them in a couple months until the sole came apart and the cushion fell out. hopefully they've improved the construction over that.

what did the original stabs look like, the newer ones are ok but never blew me away so im wondering what am i missing. but those agassis look off dont remember what the original look like exactly but something seems a bit wrong.

completely different shape. the entire front of the shoe is off

now i remember these, not the stabs. my 8th grade history teacher, this huge 400 pounds guy got these and hella showed them off in class he actually made some girl lace them up for him fresh out of the box.

I was actually thinking about getting these. But after seeing the comparison pix, yeahhhh...no thanks. I could live with the perforations and tennis ball logo being different, but the shade of neon? WTF!? it's not even a shade different, its 15 shades different. How do you go from bright ass neon to golden yellow?

agassipink8half.jpg

man, the black, flourescent pink joint is so hot. if i new that i would never be able to buy these again, i would have bought a dozen when i was in middle school. of course, they wouldn't fit me now. :(

which makes me think, agassi was the fucking man back then, and he just retired last year. that's a long fuckin' career. props, to andre.

man, the black, flourescent orange/purple joint is so hot. if i new that i would never be able to buy these again, i would have bought a dozen when i was in grade school. of course, they wouldn't fit me now. :(

which makes me think, agassi was the fucking man back then, and he just retired last year. that's a long fuckin' career. props, to andre.

def. props to andre. he changed the game into what it is today, even if he was never as dominant as sampras.

i had three of the four originals posted by seaskull that i actually used for playing tennis as a junior. seeing them again really makes me wish i still had them, even though they'd be to small and the toes were all blown out from dragging on hard courts...

so sad to see the classics ruined this way. makes you wonder what shoes you should be buying now and saving for 15 years...

For those that don't know, that comparison is a an OG kids version vs. a somewhat old sample. Any proportion conlcusions you've drawn based on this comparison may not be correct. Of course there are some obvious differences (ie tennis ball) but I would wait to comment until you see a pair of retros in person. Most people complaining about these aren't even old enough to have owned the OG's! If you want a real opinion, ask Alex (aka RetroKid) and you'll see that he's quite satisfied with these. He's one of the most prominent collectors of Agassi gear and he isn't complaining. People cried for years to get a Stab retro and then they cried when they showed up. Boohoo. Maybe people need to get off Nikes for a while...try something new. Hell, get off the retro footwear. We're not entitled to anything on Nike's behalf.

I'm actually glad these are coming out again. Of course we've gotta take all of the bastardized colorways that follow, but ignore that crap. While everyone else is complaining on Niketalk about differences that are out of our control (and hardly noticeable when worn), we should just be wearing them.

For those that don't know, that comparison is a an OG kids version vs. a somewhat old sample. Any proportion conlcusions you've drawn based on this comparison may not be correct. Of course there are some obvious differences (ie tennis ball) but I would wait to comment until you see a pair of retros in person. Most people complaining about these aren't even old enough to have owned the OG's! If you want a real opinion, ask Alex (aka RetroKid) and you'll see that he's quite satisfied with these. He's one of the most prominent collectors of Agassi gear and he isn't complaining. People cried for years to get a Stab retro and then they cried when they showed up. Boohoo. Maybe people need to get off Nikes for a while...try something new. Hell, get off the retro footwear. We're not entitled to anything on Nike's behalf.

I'm actually glad these are coming out again. Of course we've gotta take all of the bastardized colorways that follow, but ignore that crap. While everyone else is complaining on Niketalk about differences that are out of our control (and hardly noticeable when worn), we should just be wearing them.

well, i played in the originals, and if the new ones look remotely like the pictures posted, i will be sad. not saying you're wrong, we'll see...

i'm definitely old enough and did own the originals. not feeling the new colorways but i'd still buy them anyways. :)

i'm with you, miz. although, peteyross is probably right, most people posting here, were probably between the ages of 3 and 7 when these came out.

oh the guilt trips I laid on my mom to buy me these...:rolleyes: