How to measure jeans?

dubwise

Sorry for such a n00b question but there has been some confusion in my sale thread lately and I would just like to know for sure what is the 100% correct way as how to measure the rise on jeans...

So: to measure the rise, is it correct to start here, right below the waistband:

SANY0041.jpg

and to measure the length to the seat seam, here at 26.5 cm:

SANY0040.jpg

So the whole measurement would look like this:

SANY0039-1.jpg

Is this correct?

And where do you measure the waist: on the back of the waistband and then double it? Or do you measure all the actual length of the waistband?

Any help appreciated...thanks!!

^ well this is exactly my question - in the link you posted, they measure the rise from the seat seam right to the top of the front of the jeans which means the measurement includes the waistband. I've seen other measuring guides on raktuen (can't remember the link) where they measure the rise to that point right below the waistband (see my pic). So that's quite confusing. Is there any "official" measuring or do they just measure different in Japan?

Never measure jeans straight across - either in 3 parts or pulled in half as if they were to be creased ..

holding topmost waist button while fastened and THEN from the button center to half way point at rear center belt loop .

then x 2 ...

or 3 if you are a g like 3xl and just gotta be super duper specifical...