Vans 3 Feet High

^Yeah westside I was thinking with a larger size the last has to be modified... I knew some people who were shoe makers but it never occured me to ask about that.

I wonder how you guys who wear like 12 and above survive--I always found it so awkward to hold a pair of shoes that large. Not just the size, but the shape and form of the shoe seems off at times.

Does it bother you people with larger shoe sizes?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidney, I find that it's usually an issue of proportion. I think up to 13 it can be pulled off. Even then it depends on how big you are...if I wasn't as tall as I am (I'm 6'7"), my kicks would look like clown shoes. I've ended up wearing a 14 here and there and those looked ridiculous. It's tough for me to say if the last is 'off' or particularly different. I didn't care about sneakers before I was a 13 so I have no frame of reference.

Chukkas are cut big.

I wear a 9 but i have to get them in an 8.

I ordered the Kicks/Hi when they put them online.

VERY VERY anxious to see how they feel and look in person.

Anyone know if theres an 8 in either Hufs or DQM's left @ DQM...should be going up to NY soon.

^Yeah westside I was thinking with a larger size the last has to be modified... I knew some people who were shoe makers but it never occured me to ask about that.

I wonder how you guys who wear like 12 and above survive--I always found it so awkward to hold a pair of shoes that large. Not just the size, but the shape and form of the shoe seems off at times.

Does it bother you people with larger shoe sizes?

I wear a size 12 in most shoes. True size is 11.5 but it's rather tight so i reserve that for athletic sneakers only. I also have flat feet so i can't wear "slim" shoes like converse or whatever. AND SHIT YEA IT PISSES ME OFF. My brother has to wear a sz 14. A lot of brands don't even make that goddamn size. Forget limited shit. He can basically only wear Nikes. The sad thing is that I'm average height, I just have big feet. It's fucking impossible finding shoes, and when I do, they're often awkward and I have to sacrifice comfort for style. Occasionally, there are good looking shoes that look fine in larger sizes. SB Dunk Lows are particularly good for my feet; their last is really quite comfortable.

Chukkas are cut big.

I wear a 9 but i have to get them in an 8.

I ordered the Kicks/Hi when they put them online.

VERY VERY anxious to see how they feel and look in person.

Anyone know if theres an 8 in either Hufs or DQM's left @ DQM...should be going up to NY soon.

Most likely DQM will be sold out of 8's... Hufs for sure since they only had a handful to begin with.

As for sizing, maybe my feet are fucked cause I'm the only one conflicting with this statement about the sizing of the chukka.

Oh well. :)

Maybe. Well, oddly enough I size down for vans except for chukkas. I do have slightly flat feet though--but I don't see it affecting the width of my feet by that much of an extent.

How weird! Ok... let's not talk about my feet I feel awkward.

Most likely DQM will be sold out of 8's... Hufs for sure since they only had a handful to begin with.

As for sizing, maybe my feet are fucked cause I'm the only one conflicting with this statement about the sizing of the chukka.

Oh well. :)

you ain't the only one. chukkas seem to fit true to size for me.

Haha, say no more. Which ones of the set do you have so far?

To be honest, the only thing that appealed to me was the Hufs. Kicks/hi was just not the right color palette for me. If I was in a more springtime mood I may have been more enthusiastic about it.

The DQM was a bit miss for me. I wanted to like it, but the pattern as the foundation with the orange trim and gumsole really didn't do it for me in terms of a versatile shoe. I tried it on and looked in the mirror... couldn't see myself wearing it with anything in my wardrobe that wouldn't be tacky or be drowned out by the bold contrast of the pattern.

I am most excited if they make authentics... and will be most disappointed if they make eras. :(

To be honest, the only thing that appealed to me was the Hufs. Kicks/hi was just not the right color palette for me. If I was in a more springtime mood I may have been more enthusiastic about it.

The DQM was a bit miss for me. I wanted to like it, but the pattern as the foundation with the orange trim and gumsole really didn't do it for me in terms of a versatile shoe. I tried it on and looked in the mirror... couldn't see myself wearing it with anything in my wardrobe that wouldn't be tacky or be drowned out by the bold contrast of the pattern.

I am most excited if they make authentics... and will be most disappointed if they make eras. :(

Yea, conceptually I really liked the Kicks/HI look...same with DQM. They were just a bit much to imagine actually wearing. The Hufs were the right balance between simple and gaudy, so it's my only purchase so far.

i didn't see any hufs at dqm when i stopped by on sunday but they had the other two on display. i picked up mine on release day, got there at quarter til noon and there was a ~5 person line. some guy tried the "i'm here to buy something else" gambit but staff were not buying it.

anyway, there were also matching hats for each shoe plus some tees (huf snakeskin pocket tee = no thanks). oh and the huf outsole is a matching fluro green (not sure if the previous pics showed that).