Raw denim VS Treated denim

Tyrol

naturally worn denim is the best because each jean has so much charector. No two jeans will wear the same. I do however like distressed washes. Some of the companies out there do a good job. The washes need to look nautral. I hate when companies put distressed marks in areas on the denim that would never occur.

I like the raw denim look but only for a day or so, then I'm ready for the worn jeans again. Of course, naturally worn is preferred, but sometimes it's a bit out of reach. The problem is sticking with one pair long enough to get them really worn in, and then actually liking the wear you get from them.

i'm with you tyrol. i hate the dry look. i only bought my nudies dry to get the benefit in a years time. truth is, 3 months in, i shamefully gave up and sold them - 3 months and not a mark on them - when you can't wear them every day, its too damn hard. if you get a pair with enough distress so you're happy to wear them out all the time - and then you don't wash them, you can still get very good wear and it looks natural enough.

pre-washed is better for me, but as everyone says, the manufacturers are clueless - massive bleach marks across the knees and backs of legs look like shit.

finding a good pre-washed look is the holy grail for me - i think you dry jeans fiends have it easy. there's loads to choose from. pre-washed, there's nothing, they mostly suck.

anyone know of a quality / pre-wash distress make?

r2, in my view the 45rpm and Yohji Yamamoto jeans that spotted horsecraft wash are about as realistic as you can get. ££££ though.

I have exactly the saem issue with raw denims - great idea in theory to get the authentic worn in look, just about impossible in practice. I'm trying a different tack with my 44 repros - wearing as much as i Can (which is not everyday) and washing every few weeks rather than minimal washing. I don't really know what this will turn out like, but we'll see.

funny you mention that - i did something even more shameful (may as well get it all off my chest) - i paid an unemployed mate of mine to wear a pair for 6 months.. worked out quite well.

thanks for the tips, i'll take a look.

if anyone is thinking of speeding up the wearing process (not on quality jeans, but a pair i wasn't much keen on anyway) - i have used a pumice stone followed by a hot wash, and repeated this process, 5 or 6 times. worked perfectly. much better than sandpaper.