BIG not hemming others jeans???

swisloc

i have to agree with this person, though the female that works there is speaking english as her second language, all you have to do is be a little patient and just ask her to explain things slowly and you will understand what she is saying.

she is actually very helpful and does understand what you ask for, as far as sizing/brands and what they do and do not have in stock.

so i can't really complain, i got great service when i was there and my jeans were chainstitched and mailed to me right on time as promised.

and since i can't speak another languauge i'm not dissing on her command of the english language at all since it was enough for me to get great service from BIG.

everyone posting about whether or not they are nice at BIG, please stop. you don't need to stick up for BIG. we all know they rock. i started this thread addressing a SPECIFIC issue with getting FELLED SEAMED jeans hemmed there, nothing else, which i resolved over email and in person with Gordon. they don't sell felled seams there, so stop posting in this thread about how "they hemmed the samurai's i got there perfectly", this has nothing to do with the thread.

and: the only reason i said anything about the stock woman's accent was because she was trying to explain to me why Gordon wouldn't hem felled seams in a complicated manner that i'm sure she didn't totally understand herself.

everyone posting about whether or not they are nice at BIG, please stop. you don't need to stick up for BIG. we all know they rock. i started this thread addressing a SPECIFIC issue with getting FELLED SEAMED jeans hemmed there, nothing else, which i resolved over email and in person with Gordon. they don't sell felled seams there, so stop posting in this thread about how "they hemmed the samurai's i got there perfectly", this has nothing to do with the thread.

and: the only reason i said anything about the stock woman's accent was because she was trying to explain to me why Gordon wouldn't hem felled seams in a complicated manner that i'm sure she didn't totally understand herself.

I think the people at BiG are really nice. I like them very much. They are my friends.

Relax bro... just playin' around. I think people got the gist of your original message and the thread is just naturally evolving as most, if not all, threads on a forum do.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...
Is it true that gough (as in my Gap Gough) means "shit" in farsi? I'm wearing shit jeans? Well, they are Gaps... but they're selvedge so that automagically means they're better than "normal" jeans!

Just kidding...

That's really funny.

Here's the thing though.. the Gap Gough is named after the street in San Francisco, Gough Street. It's pronounced GAUF.

BUT, if it was pronounced like how it's spelled, then yes, it would mean they just called their own jeans "shit" in farsi.

IMO they should just do a case-by-case thing. Hem those which aren't too much trouble, hem anyone's who buys them at the store, and take the 5EPs and other felled inseams when they have extra time...

come on, as a legitimate business do you really think that they can adopt a case for case strategy?

That's really funny.

Here's the thing though.. the Gap Gough is named after the street in San Francisco, Gough Street. It's pronounced GAUF.

BUT, if it was pronounced like how it's spelled, then yes, it would mean they just called their own jeans "shit" in farsi.

hmm i never knew that, i always wondered why they named their jeans after the word shit in farsi but i guess they ment it after another pronounciation. Maybe we'll get lucky and their next jeans will be called "Madar Jen-deh" or "Beshooreh Gough"

hmm i never knew that, i always wondered why they named their jeans after the word shit in farsi but i guess they ment it after another pronounciation. Maybe we'll get lucky and their next jeans will be called "Madar Jen-deh" or "Beshooreh Gough"

Wait, you're Iranian??