helpmeout!

geraldong

HOW TO WEAR: GOLD

gold-fash-sml.jpg

Gold is often one of those tones that people are scared of, but nzgirl is here to tell you that all that glitters is gold and all that is gold is glorious. It’s just a matter of knowing how to wear it.

Keep it casual – DIY gold

goldfash-belt-adj.jpg

For day wear gold is best worn as accents in the form of detailing or accessories. Denim skirts and jeans can be transformed from day to evening wear with the help of gold detailing. Simply hand sew a line of small gold beads across the top of pockets or along the back seam or run a gold ribbon through the belt loops. Alternatively you could opt for a gold belt such as the one pictured from Australian label witchery. Similar belts are available at Kmart and Glassons.

Add a splash – gold accents

goldfash-bag-adj.jpg

A gold or gold accented handbag can liven up a plain black outfit. Look for this season’s shimmery gold evening bags in silks and satins with beading or bags with gold chain handles or closures. I love the witty black handbag with gold writing (pictured) from Wild Pair which is the perfect accessory for a day of shopping.

Bring on the bling

gold-fash-chains-adj.jpg

For most, gold jewelry is the obvious way to incorporate gold into your wardrobe. You can opt for expensive rings or bracelets but often the cheaper options are better. One of the biggest trends this season is the hippy influenced Bohemian look which features layers upon layers of gold necklaces with beading and charms.

Head to your local Trade Aid for some authentic items, or buy 5 or 6 cheap ‘faux’ gold necklaces and layer them with a beaded necklace. This idea suits the bohemian look as well as casual day wear like that seen in the pictured look from Ezibuy label Emerge.

Put your best foot forward

goldfash-shoes-adj.jpg

And last but not least, gold footwear is a firm favourite of every fashionista. Gold evening sandals look fantastic with denim as well as with your little black dress and gold hippy sandals were all the rage last season. I personally love the music inspired Irregular Choice dimple toe wedge from Wild Pair. A piece of gold fashion that will keep you giggling all day.

nzgirl.co.nz

I have a pair of silver diors and I wear them with a pair of cm black skinnys. Or white cords...

I don't wear them often.

haha you rock silver Diors in Eastern Washington?

You must get all sorts of stares over there.