Where To Buy Heavy Duty Bonded Thread

Looking for heavy gauge, industrial grade thread for some repair work. I've found some sources online:

http://www.sewweb.com/html/bonded_thread.html

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10766500/Nylon_6_6_Bonded_High_Tenacity_Thread/showimg.html but my knowledge of thread guage is zero. I'd much rather see the thread in person. ....Does anyone have any knowledge on the subject?? or know a quality thread source in the Toronto area that I could check out for myself??

Thanks for thinking of me TIP but sadly my research is in it's infancy :( I was gonna contact Guterman and Coats direct because finding unmercerised cotton in the required quage off the shelf is impossible.

Assuming you;re repairing jeans whodini and do not care for historical detail (i.e. using 100% cotton thread) then polyester aewems the right way to go. I visited a shoe repair shop in London this week and the guy had some waxed synthetic thread for sale to repair leather, maybe you can use that?? The guage was thick and i'd be amazed if it let you down. Good luck.

Thanks for thinking of me TIP but sadly my research is in it's infancy :( I was gonna contact Guterman and Coats direct because finding unmercerised cotton in the required quage off the shelf is impossible.

Assuming you;re repairing jeans whodini and do not care for historical detail (i.e. using 100% cotton thread) then polyester aewems the right way to go. I visited a shoe repair shop in London this week and the guy had some waxed synthetic thread for sale to repair leather, maybe you can use that?? The guage was thick and i'd be amazed if it let you down. Good luck.

I'm really only looking for a thread to match a pair of Levis A-Type jeans that I plan on getting hemmed ... they use a very thick, heavy duty thread with a noticeable sheen (looks to be polyester or nylon or something...its thicker than the threads on any of my other jeans for comparisons sake) I have access to an industrial sewing table that will handle the extra tension so I dont want go half assed when I could go balls in ;) ..

...as far as I know, Coats makes an extra strong thread specifically for jeans ... its cotton covered polyester (kinda hairy looking) ... its decent for repair work for most of my jeans and its pretty cheap ...i got a spool at Walmart for around $5 if ... I just wish I knew thread guages by number, cos i dont really know what I'm looking for...ill know it when i see it up close tho