Made-to-Measure in NYC

Thorns

I'm going suit shopping in NYC sometime in the next few weeks. I don't have the cash for full out bespoke, but my size doesn't exist so I can't buy off the rack either. Any good ideas for made-to-measure suits in the city?

you won't find M2M in new york within your budget, thorns.

my suggestion is you plan a trip to thailand and get a real bespoke suit made for you. that's what i did and i paid $200 and change and it came with a fitted shirt.

i picked the material and dictated the kind of fit i wanted. the result was a a beautifully fitted suit that was exactly what i wanted.

look on style forum for good places. there are some places which are horrible, some places which are world class.

I went to a M2M tailor recently. I haven't gotten my suit back yet, but I have seen his suits on the two people who recommended him and I will say that they are very nice for the price.

It's not full-out bespoke with multiple fittings, etc. You pick fabrics, cut, details, etc. He takes initial measurements and then the bulk of the cutting and stitching is done by his Hong Kong tailor. Then when the suit arrives, there is one final fitting for any alterations. Any future alterations are free of charge.

He is based in Chicago but comes to NYC a couple times a month. Prices are $750-$1200 depending on fabric choices and come with two free shirts.

PM me for contact info if you are interested.

It seems like the other forums seem to all push towards Izzy at LS men's and Mr. Neds for cheap MTM. $800 range for anyone else interested.

Get Smart on Styleforum is selling suits from his line "Thick as Thieves." He is not really making a living doing this, just for fun as a side thing, and he has enough contacts that he can sell them for a pittance of what they would cost. Something around $500, but with a 20% discount if if you are a Styleforum member. The line is mod inspired. Anyway, if you are interested, he has a pinned thread here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=27754