Nagoya, Japan visit

braid

My dream of going to Japan may be realized in a few weeks. I'm looking for any suggestions for shopping while there. Obviously I'd like to find some denim shops and anything else worth checking out. I've done a search and gotten a few suggestions, but curious if anyone has any more input....

Check out the following neighborhoods, all are easily accessed via the chikatetsu (subway):

Osu-Kannon

Yaba-cho

Sakae

also anywhere in between Nagoya-eki and Fushimi will lead you to a few high end places.

For specific directions, just check the websites of the clothing companies you're interested in.

For a fun time at a gaijin bar, check out ID Bar in Sakae or Shooter's in Fushimi. Don't forget to try some kishimen (although it's out of season right now) and some ichigo-iri daifuku.

Nagoya is not that great for shopping and pretty much everything ( i know cause my gf is from there and i lived there for a while). check out this website

http://www.50910.jp/shoplist_brand/index.html

it's a list of brand and shoplists so it's very usefull for finding what you want (it's in japanese, so if you can't read japanese, just do a search for 名古屋 (nagoya)).

if you have to chance, take a trip to Tokyo or Osaka, much better in terms of shopping.

Check out the following neighborhoods, all are easily accessed via the chikatetsu (subway):

Osu-Kannon

Yaba-cho

Sakae

also anywhere in between Nagoya-eki and Fushimi will lead you to a few high end places.

For specific directions, just check the websites of the clothing companies you're interested in.

For a fun time at a gaijin bar, check out ID Bar in Sakae or Shooter's in Fushimi. Don't forget to try some kishimen (although it's out of season right now) and some ichigo-iri daifuku.

Osu-Kannon is probably the best streetwear shopping area.

iDbar is decent, but it's a lot like any other club. Shooters is basically the definition of lame gaijin bar.

For decent DJ's and style the Underground is a good bar, Shin-Sakae area.

Overall Nagoya is kind of ass for clubs and shopping. There's some fun to be had there, but don't go in expecting Osaka or Tokyo.

How much does a decent hooker cost in Japan?....out of curiosity.

depends. oral or the whole shebang? obviously the later is more.

just like pizza places delivery runs more than dining in.