Patrick Ervell F/W 07

Servo2000

Personally, dissapointed overall. He failed to pick up the momentum he was carrying with his last two collections, and if this trend continues, he'll start to look like a one-trick pony, since it looks like he's already re-hashing old ideas in what appears to be a slightly-modified but poorly fitting silhouette. Very little of his old experimentation with interesting fabrics or weird technical details seems to have come up either.

Overall, for his first runway show, he's really gotten off on the wrong foot.

haha, i was just thinking about trying to figure out how exactly i would go about posting this. i'm pretty meh on it myself, but i like the shoes and the 2nd and 3rd jackets.

The fits aren't terrible, but not exactly right either. Cosign on the burgundy motorcycle jacket, though.

I'm actually feeling this one more than his past collections. His older stuff never quite fit right in my opinion. It looks like he's still got some of the odd draping and whatnot, but a more tailored look overall.

Still, if I were going to spend a large chunk of money I'd still go for the rick owens stuff.

that sweater in the last photo is pretty much the only thing to elicit any interest from me.

it isn't bad, so much so as it is just.. well, every single complaint that the ervell-haters

had over at SZ now sound so much more relevant.

that sweater in the last photo is pretty much the only thing to elicit any interest from me.

it isn't bad, so much so as it is just.. well, every single complaint that the ervell-haters

had over at SZ now sound so much more relevant.

Seriously. I'd still defend the first collection that was posted, but if we moved every complaint over to this thread I would agree with every one, especially Faust's.

Having seen most of his items from previous seasons on the runway and in stores, I've gotta say, pictures don't really do his stuff justice. Most of the charm in Ervell's work is in the tiny details, the fabrics used, and other additions such as choice of buttons, inconpicuous seaming, etc.. While I don't think he pulled together outfits particularly well in this case and some of the cuts may be less than savory, I would definitely give the induvidual pieces the benefit of the doubt.

Having seen most of his items from previous seasons on the runway and in stores, I've gotta say, pictures don't really do his stuff justice. Most of the charm in Ervell's work is in the tiny details, the fabrics used, and other additions such as choice of buttons, inconpicuous seaming, etc.. While I don't think he pulled together outfits particularly well in this case and some of the cuts may be less than savory, I would definitely give the induvidual pieces the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. To me, Patrick Ervell is like Nom de Guerre. I'm really not sure why he needs a "runway show," but to build hype around the brand. He's not pushing any envelopes, he's trying to get his product off the walls at Opening Ceremony. From the past collections, I've often heard that he uses interesting fabrics and weird cuts in individual pieces, etc...

Judging this as a runway collection? It's weak. Judging for actual purchasing and wearing, practicality and details and so on? I couldn't say. Even on this issue it doesn't live up to last years, and it seems like he's stuck in a rut, which is dangerous considering how few shows he's had.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I disagree with all the comments, ervell is better than ever and way better than nom fo sho. Don't judge a line by the runway, wait until you see it in person by a shop who knows how to buy.

Yeah, I saw some of his stuff this weekend at Nom De Guerre. I really liked the navy collegiate jacket, but wasn't ready to spend the money for it.