RIP Disco D

Guest StuckOnStupid

yeah bummed about this... knew him through various gigs.... very talented... RIP

very big loss, between him and Diplo there weren't many DJs who were really dedicated to breaking baile funk outside of Brazil, and Disco was way more instrumental to the cause in that respect than Diplo will probably ever be....

rest easy, D.

I was fortunate enough to know Dave personally. I booked him 3 times in Charlotte, NC and he was easily one of the most talented performers to come to the city. We kept in fairly close contact from that point on, mostly talking thru instant messenger. In the months before his passing, there was one theme that rose to the top in his words. Everyone out there is giving him his props for doing 50 cent's track, and for what he did with K-Fed Well for its worth, those pieces of shit never paid him for the work he did. 50 screwed him all together, that's right, didn't get a damn dime, and Fed only paid up half...The theme that I mentioned before was money, Dave was in bad financial shape due to over extending himself, but counting on the income that was due to him. It never came, and when the BRAZA thing didn't return like he hoped, money was due...If he was paid what he was owed, he might still be here today....People need to take a real close look at the music industry, and what its does to people.

this comment in the link is whats really sad bout the suicide. rest easy disco d.

This is very sad. Still have his very first record from many years ago. Never met him personally, but we emailed back and forth about bringing him down to Sydney. Very positive guy, who was totally dedicated to what he loved. So sad.

RIP

Guest StuckOnStupid
i heard rumors about the financial thing, but didn't think it was official business.

wow.

wwwwoooowwwww.....

i remember the day he gave homegirl his cat, he also gave her a copy of his DVD, it had footage of him going into the office to meet up with sha money xl and them to make the deal for the ski mask way shit...the look on him and his boys faces was like giddy mixed with ka-chingggg...who woulda thunk.