Rachel Comey

Curious to see how people feel about her, cause I've never seen anyone on this forum wear or discuss her pieces. Used to design for Theory, does alot of stuff for Eugene Hutz, but also designs some quieter more mute basics with interesting cuts for men, and a spring '07 Womens collection I really like. I got a grey "twisted Yarn" cardigan I got from Oak that's not on the site that has been one of the better pieces of clothing Own.

Have a look and discuss:

Twisted Yarn Cardigan

http://www.refinery29shops.com/product.php?productid=16368&cat=0&page=1#

Men F/W '06

http://rachelcomey.com/fw06/mens/

Women's Spring '07

http://rachelcomey.com/ss07/

i like alot of that stuff actually,few of the shirts and tops are cut to femmanite fo m liking not keen on the shoulders,the lacey leggings at the end are fuking stupid though,runis what is a pretty cool collection,in block colours they are prettycool in lace patterns they look stupid last guy looks like some kind of pervert/lunatic.

I like that twisted yarn cardigan a lot; there was a Rachel Comey sweatshirt that I was going to buy that I sort-of regret not picking up, it was the 'comet' sweatshirt that featured sections of shirting fabric in various prints and patterns sewn onto the front of the sweatshirt so as to look like comets or meteors or whatever.

As for this F/W collection, the menswear is kind of boring to me. Too clean, too safe. I am, however, a fan of her knitwear. It is great stuff, and this season's stands out from the basic collared shirts and pants. The off-the-shoulder thing with the lace tights, however, is thoroughly stupid- unless it was a joke, in which case, it is kind of funny. Take another look at those shots, and notice the way it is giving the model the exact proportions of a woman in a dress? Oh, WAIT, that's because the guys ARE wearing an off-the-shoulder sweater dress!

• 1 year later...

Haven't heard anything recent about Rachel. Has anyone bought a pair of her shoes? I'm really liking her Oxfords. They remind me of a pair of very similar Opening Ceremony lace ups a few seasons back, and of course the SS08 Common Projects lace ups. All made in the same place?

RCOM-MZ4_V1-BIG.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been really diggin her shoes lately. They had those desert boots in canvas at fred segal santa monica, that I'm thinking about going back to pick up. Can't find them anywhere else online in that fabrication.