pickyourshoes & mj vans

maxmax

i searched the forum and saw old posts with people giving the go ahead that pickyourshoes is legit. has anybody had good / bad experiences with them recently? i really want the white leather mj sk8 hi and this seems like the best price around. ebay auctions get pretty high and i haven't found any other sites with them in stock (except for caliroots which is more expensive).

thanks.

I've never tried on a pair of vans. Are they true to size (chukkas, prison issues)? Also, how much did the mj vans retail for in stores? how much do all white/black chukkas retail for?

i don't know if this helps but i wear 8.5 in converse hi tops, 9 in puma slip ons, 9.5 in onitsuka tigers and the size 9 sk8 hi's fit me.

It seems to me that MJ vans are cheaper on ebay than any websites. However, you do have to be very patient to find the one you want.

the sk8 hi's on ebay seem to go for around or over $100 -- the auction i was going to bid on ended at $124 last night, well -- at least the pairs in "average" sizes.

i think they kind of rip you off. they sell their mj vans for $99 but usually most all mj vans are only $85 (@ the mbmj store at least). it's not that big of a difference but i'm just giving you a heads up.

none of the mbmj stores have these in stock anymore though do they?

Ordered from Pickyourshoes once and experienced no problems. Friends that have used them had equally positive experiences. The only problem is that the prices are often a little high and the site doesn't make it easy to find items in stock by size. Still, if there's a particular pair that you want and can't find elsewhere...

i don't know if this helps but i wear 8.5 in converse hi tops, 9 in puma slip ons, 9.5 in onitsuka tigers and the size 9 sk8 hi's fit me.

the sk8 hi's on ebay seem to go for around or over $100 -- the auction i was going to bid on ended at $124 last night, well -- at least the pairs in "average" sizes.

none of the mbmj stores have these in stock anymore though do they?

try calling the mbmj store (on melrose). i haven't been there in awhile. last time i went they had slip ons on sale for $25 bucks.

i'm pretty sure they're sold out because i got my sk8 hi's there a long time ago and i didn't see them last time.

Noob post here,

Chapterworld has them for about 9800 yen, which is about $80. If you know someone in Japan, perhaps that may be a decent solution.

http://www.chapterworld.com/others/vans/mj_sk8hi_whtgry.html

thanks -- i saw that last night and was considering posting, but i figured when you add the in the shipping and finder fee it may not even be worth it. plus all the extra time it would take.