non-leather shoes (leads)

billbixby

does anybody know of good vegetarian shoes that are NOT lesbian/orthopedic (mooshoes, veganwares, etc). i mean something like a good pair of canvas brogues by Surface 2 Air. i do not wear animal products is why i ask. check out my blog in my signature to get help if you practice this too. thanks

Fair_Trade_sneakers_veja.jpg

The vejas look good.

http://www.veja.fr

Wikipedia :

"Launched in March 2005 in Paris and Tokyo, Veja is a brand of fair trade sneakers.

Materials used are organic cotton produced by a cooperative of small Brazilian producers and rubber from wild Amazon Hevea trees. Manufacturing is done in a cooperative. According to Veja the fair trade premium paid to the producers aims at financing concrete development projects in health, education or environment fields.

The first Veja model is inspired by Brazilian volley shoes from the 1970s."

Thanks, good lead. The part that compounds the difficulty of living a veg life too is now exhibited further when I say "but they have a leather insole". Amazing, right. I'm gonna drop by Seize's place though and check these out later.

yup, this guy is great. also where i stole "lesbian/orthopedic" from, because that sums up the vegetarian shoes market aptly. thanks for the lead. i think that second article is actually a response to what i wrote in.

• 9 months later...
Fair_Trade_sneakers_veja.jpg

The vejas look good.

http://www.veja.fr

Wikipedia :

"Launched in March 2005 in Paris and Tokyo, Veja is a brand of fair trade sneakers.

Materials used are organic cotton produced by a cooperative of small Brazilian producers and rubber from wild Amazon Hevea trees. Manufacturing is done in a cooperative. According to Veja the fair trade premium paid to the producers aims at financing concrete development projects in health, education or environment fields.

The first Veja model is inspired by Brazilian volley shoes from the 1970s."

i live in the states, does veja have any shops here or online stores i could order from?