Barcelona

cHr

I'm visiting Barcelona the third week of February and i'm looking for some tips on what to go visit and what not. I've been there once and saw the hot spots like Parc Güell, Sagrada Familia, some of the by Gaudi designed hauses etc.

I'm looking for unmissable shops i should check out, (maybe with clothing of spanish designers like Spastor) decent and afforable restaurants (tapas?) and maybe some museum tips would be great too.

hope someone can help me out..

thanks in advance!

santa maria is an amazing rest. the set tapas menu will blow your mind

it has some link to the famous el bulli. not cheap, but not toooooo expensive

http://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_directory/restaurants/nouvelle_cuisine/santa_maria

there are some decent cafes across the road from there too

and, if you head west from there you should find some decent shops

The MACBA is unmissable too macba.es

when i was in the picasso museum, they said you couldnt take pictures, but i had a disposable camera on me and was determined to get a renegade picture. so i found a painting i like, it was pigeons or somethings, waited for the camera to turn and the security guard to get distracted and i got a picture. when i got home i took them to be developed, and the guy ruined 6 of my pictures, pigeon included, i was pretty pissed.

When I was there I hung in the old city (my friend's apartment's balcony was right over the plaza of the oldest gothic Cathedral in europe) which is quite beautiful and very central. One of the great place I ate at is a sushi restaurent (very rare in Barcelona) where they had some "spanish sushis" that were pretty cool. I'll try to look for the place's name. Be sure to check it the usual spots like Miro/Picasso museums and the Mies Van der Rohe pavillion.