Manhattan / NYC Hotels

englandmj7

Did some searching and those is no single thread that offers various recommendations in the price range I am looking at. Basically, a family member will be in NYC for 5 days in March and is looking for a decent hotel in a great location for around or under $200 a night. I saw Chelsea Inn and Habitat in some other posts.

Any other decent places?....

It's not a great hotel but i've always found the Radisson on Lexington to be cheaper that the rest of the major chains. It's pretty central and easy to get around from, the petite rooms are tiny, but the next size up (I forget what they call them) are pretty decent.

Might be worth a look.

I usally try to find apartments on craigslist, but on my last trip out in October, my planning sucked. We tried to stay at the Chelsea Inn, but if was booked. Checked out all of the other reasonably priced hotels recommended on tripadvisor.com and everything in a decent area was booked too. We ended up spending a couple of nights at the Marriott Financial District (or some such name) and found a web special for $200/night. The room was pretty nice and subway access was pretty good too. Not much around, but the location wasn't bad and it was an excuse to hit century 21. But like I said, if you want the best location for less $, I've stayed at 3 or 4 different places in soho and nolita for an average of about $150/night, which isn't taxed either!