best place to buy and sell used women's clothes in harajuku

elle

this forum is pretty male dominant, so i'm not expecting lots of solid answers.

but you guys must have seen some hot girls shops in the neighbourhood while you're there.

do me a favor and talk about them a little. it'll improve the environment in tokyo too cuz right now everything on girls here look like ass.

bump123456

This may not help much considering I haven't been to Japan, but I've read about shops in Harajuku called Meno, Chicago and Oriental Bazaar, they all sell vintage clothes. Other possiblities are the Salvation Army in Shinjuku or even some stores in Azabu Juban. I read that Azabu juban has some places that buy/sell pre-worn items (but I hear that area is kinda upscale, so they may be picky). Of course I can't say anything about what is acually sold at these places or how it's done, good luck

It depends on what kind of stuff you have. There are a lot of used designer stores in the harajuku/shibuya area. Some places to check out include Kind, Space, Heatwave, Ragtag, etc. All of them have websites with more information and online shops where you can get an idea of what they buy & sell.

If you're looking to sell, small sized, high-end designer stuff is of course highly coveted. Different stores mark up at a different percentage, but I think they'll usually give you about 50% of what they sell it for. Most places have separate buying offices where they'll review your stuff and give you cash on the spot. If you don't know where it is, you can ask the shopstaff at their retail space. They usually have maps handy.

I've sold used stuff in Japan a couple of times. The buying staff is always very knowledgable and have a pretty good idea what things are worth. You should bring your passport with you. Since these transactions are done in Japanese, you should either have some rudimentry Japanese ability or bring someone along with you who does. I haven't had any amazing deals selling in Japan though. I'd say you're probably better off on ebay.