RIP Saddam Hussein

Larry Bird

Not locked yet! Saddams twist with the Shia Muslims and Kurds started less than 50 years after Hitlers reign, so I'd have to say both are modern day. Oh, and I could care less what you think about Saddam, but Hitler was directly responsible for the torture, mutilation, and eventual death of 6,000,000 people. That's over a fourth of Iraqs entire population.

Let's watch out with that compare and contrast shit!

We should start a dictator inspired facial hair thread.

I think you would be VERY hard-pressed to find anyone who considers Hitler a "modern" figure. Either way, it is a matter of semantics which has no correct answer. Saddam died a week ago, Hitler died in 1945 (62 years ago).

In addition, I am pretty sure that anyone who directly slaughters over 100,000 people qualifies for Hitler status. I have no idea what you are trying to prove in any case.....

In addition, I am pretty sure that anyone who directly slaughters over 100,000 people qualifies for Hitler status. I have no idea what you are trying to prove in any case.....

That's still less than 2% of the amount of people Hitler fucked with. I'm not trying to prove anything England, I'm only sticking up for the feel-good circumstances surrounding World War II, when there was no question that we were "the good guys", you know? When do you hear people questioning any countries motives about entering World War II against the Germans, Japan, etc...? And now how about the motives behind the overthrow of Iraq? I just don't feel like we're perceived as "the good guys" anymore, and it's disheartening. Is that just pure coincidence or could our current government hold some kind of responsibility for that?

You're the one taking this just entirely too serious. What do you care if people have a problem with hanging the dude? No one on here has said that he shouldn't have been executed, except for that hippie itsmejt. I have no idea what you're trying to prove... ;)

http://www.perspectives.com/forums/forum5/

That's still less than 2% of the amount of people Hitler fucked with. I'm not trying to prove anything England, I'm only sticking up for the feel-good circumstances surrounding World War II, when there was no question that we were "the good guys", you know? When do you hear people questioning any countries motives about entering World War II against the Germans, Japan, etc...? And now how about the motives behind the overthrow of Iraq? I just don't feel like we're perceived as "the good guys" anymore, and it's disheartening. Is that just pure coincidence or could our current government hold some kind of responsibility for that?

You're the one taking this just entirely too serious. What do you care if people have a problem with hanging the dude? No one on here has said that he shouldn't have been executed, except for that hippie itsmejt. I have no idea what you're trying to prove... ;)

http://www.perspectives.com/forums/forum5/

Well, since you asked, I was trying to prove that my e-penis was bigger than everyone else's. I lost my real one in a bareknuckle boxing match in Hanoi in the 3rd grade.