Sns

Heartworm

I live 10 minutes away from the town they originally come from.. i think they are nice.. a bit overpriced.. found one in a thrift store once, got it for 10$...

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

they are nice, but you gotta have a certain type of swag to even wear these joints properly

like I feel like I would be doing an injustice to the brand if I were to wear one of their sweaters with some flatheads and common projects

gotta throw on some old classic shit

SNS.jpg

Fisherman and Fashion

The brand S.N.S. was founded by Soren Nielsen Skyt (1899 – 1972), who, as a young man, made a living by selling knitted stockings, socks and sweaters on the moor of central Jutland, Denmark. Over time he realised that the fishermen of the Danish west coast, needed woollen sweaters to help them bear the cold rough weather whilst working at sea.

The traditional 'fisherman's sweater' of his making is still being crafted today by the descendents of Soren Nielsen Skyt, in the same way it has been manufactured since 1931. As a consequence production is very limited – every item is hand signed by the artisan who has made it.

The collection of knits for A/W 07 is entitled 'Album'. The idea of the collection is to bring back other key styles from the founder's past – consequently a balance of creativity and respect was needed to realize designs not only from the grainy pictures in old photo albums but also from the memory of the founder's youngest son.

Curiously this approach allows for all the elements of the past to create a very definite and current style, mainly characterised by an ongoing interest in textures (with a clear reference to the 'bubbles' of the founder) and the feel of the different knitting techniques that seem to have been almost forgotten.

The 'Album' collection is not about being overly nostalgic, celebrating the idea of retro, or heralding the past. On the other hand, if something wonderful has already been made, there seems to be little point in reinventing the wheel. The best items have an almost iconic flavour to them – we believe them to express something still relevant about what a robust work-wear sweater, a hefty cable knit or a great jacquard can be.

Of course, if we were only to re-make then we would find ourselves at a fashion impasse – so we do, at points, try to break away from what has been and add in a little touch of the new – but always with our proud family traditions and the concept of quality at the front of our minds. It is through this mixture of the old and the new that S.N.S. manages to reconcile the tension between fashion and the classical heritage of the brand – creating beautiful, stylish pieces that can work in the wardrobes of both fishermen and city boys & girls alike.

thanks for the DSM suggestion guys, however I'm looking for something more like this:

DS_855%20--%20BAND.jpg

I'm aware there are a few pieces like this out this season (eg NdG), however I suspect the SNS one will be better made and if it's 2000 SEK, I make that around £180 ish, about 2/3 the price of the NdG one.

• 4 months later...