Quality THERMALS?! ...(bay area?)

Brooklyn Zoo

I'm in need of some quality thermals, preferably ones that wont shrink ten fold and lose their shape. No american apparel pieces of shit, just something clean in white and black. It would also be of help if someone could reccomend a store in the bay area... but thatd just be icing on the cake honestly. THANK YOU!

RRL (Ralph Lauren's western/Americana line) is carrying some really well constructed thermals. They're sizing runs fairly large, so I'd imagine an L or XL would suit you fine. I remember seeing an off-white and a faded red -- don't recall a black.

The San Francisco Ralph Lauren store has a really weak selection of RRL, so you might be best off calling one of the New York boutiques (either Prince Street or Bleeker Street).

Im assuming you guys are spending way too much on thermals, because Old Navy, Urban outfitters, AE, Gap, Army Surplus, Target, etc has quality thermals for the FRACTION of the price of a W+H or RRL one.

I actually agree with this entirely, seeing as I use AA thermals to layer. But hey, dude asked for something more substantial, so something more substantial he should get.

what does w+h stand for? how would i go about locating a w+h thermal? and by AA do you mean American Apparel or another AA, and if so can i get those online?

sorry about all these damned questions...

i just bought some really nice thermals from club monaco. they were on sale for $30 down from $50. they are thicker than AA's but still have that skinny placket and small buttons. they are a bit thicker and WAY better quality.

Ditto on the club monaco. They have nutty sales sometimes too... but the fit runs large.

haha ive actually developed a distaste for american apparel thermals as you see in the original post, but thanks for the wings and horns info. i thought thats what it meant but didnt know if i was completely clueless...

<edit> also, no luck with both of those online stores they dont have L or XL in stock... so, old navy, i guess? any other suggestions...?

Heh. I was just being somewhat a brandist ass in my reply; however, I particularly like the W+H thermals. They fit exceptionally well, and not just because thermal fabric is stretchy, but because the garment is cut and designed well.

I think fall is pretty much sold out everywhere though, but they'll be coming out in the spring.

I didnt mean to pinpoint W+H, because I'm a huge fan of your company's product, own a piece myself.

But, as a priority, I rather not spend a lot on thermals. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that was mines.

yeah im also lookin for a Wings & Horns thermal in black. size XL.

if anyone knows where to get one message me, it seems theres only one online store that even carry's W&H and their stock is low. Also i dont think any stores in san diego carry that brand.

tangerine- this is exactly the same reason im in the market for new thermals... what is gap thinking?!

I don't know, their other kinds of shirts aren't too short on me, it's weird.

I have been wearing the AA thermals, I know a lot of people have had quality issues but they have been fine for me.

yeah im also lookin for a Wings & Horns thermal in black. size XL.

if anyone knows where to get one message me, it seems theres only one online store that even carry's W&H and their stock is low. Also i dont think any stores in san diego carry that brand.

There's lion again. Buying. BUYING BUYING!

went to target today, all they have is merona thermals and theyre absolutely horrible, i need something heavier and more durable. I'm thinking about army surplus, anyone know of a really good army surplus in the bay area??

huf has a few WH hoodies... purple/white, red/black, red/white, and black/white. i've bought a couple of them recently... they're $160 each (tax included). PM me if you'd like me to get one for you. i ask for $20 extra each for the work.

They're not standard thermals; but I invested in some Icebreaker long underwear two winters ago and I've been loving them. It's merino wool from New Zealand, light and comfortable and easy to wash. And if you hang them up overnight they don't hold any odors, either. They withstand Chicago winters very well, I have been working in drafty, warehouse spaces where heat is intermittent and I need to have something on under my clothes. Not cheap, but you won't need to get anything else again for a long time.

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreaker_man_skin200_leggings_with_fly.html

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreaker_man_skin200_oasis_crewe.html?thumb_value=Baltic