ZOO YORK?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

why have they blwon up and gone big all of a sudden. never really a fan, but lovely name.

seems like they're emerica or something now with headquarters in manhattan and ties to the underground.

wierd.

do i care too much?

When was Zoo York ever hot? Help me out here...

It was launced lame. By a group of investers tryna copy maybe Tripple Five Soul & go after their demo? Sold as quickly as it could be to Echo. Everything they wanted to accomplish...

I mean seriously, it was set up to be sold to the Urban Outfitters crowd. Certainly not Supreme or Silas, etc. ... Who ever bought in to Zoo York?

& besides blazin' up a few mix tapes 3 or 4 years ago, when was 50 ever hot? He's been a TRL MC from jump!

-Dub

alright, i'm a retard. it's true.

i wasn't thinking of the obvious, i thought he was referring to the skate side of things...it just seemed weird.

ANYWAYS

zoo wasn't launched last year.

they've been around forever.

and shit was raw when it came out. i still have an old shut board that i am never parting with.

Quote:

When was Zoo York ever hot? Help me out here...

It was launced lame. By a group of investers tryna copy maybe Tripple Five Soul & go after their demo? Sold as quickly as it could be to Echo. Everything they wanted to accomplish...

I mean seriously, it was set up to be sold to the Urban Outfitters crowd. Certainly not Supreme or Silas, etc. ... Who ever bought in to Zoo York?

& besides blazin' up a few mix tapes 3 or 4 years ago, when was 50 ever hot? He's been a TRL MC from jump!

--- Original message by themdouble on Apr 9, 2005 06:44 PM

the OG zoo crew were supreme! Triple 5 Soul actually were also down with a lot of peeps from Shut.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going to 555-SOUL in Ludlow and buying a Tie-Top Hat circa 1991. Camella actually used to sit there in front of a sewing machine asking you which color label u wanted on the hat. Those were the days. 555-SOUL was to me the Original Street wear label in NY, everybody else just bit.

Oneself.... now you I can get with. That's all what I'm talking about. She used to just bang stuff out right there. The Tie hats with the Matching shorts & the matching short sleeve hoodies.. LOL

L.O.N.S., Tribe, all them cats rocked that stuff for a minute. Then they hustled for a minute. Then it was at Urban outfitters.

91 is when it jumped off. 94/95 is when it fell off...

-Dub

Quote:

I remember going to 555-SOUL in Ludlow and buying a Tie-Top Hat circa 1991. Camella actually used to sit there in front of a sewing machine asking you which color label u wanted on the hat. Those were the days. 555-SOUL was to me the Original Street wear label in NY, everybody else just bit.

--- Original message by oneself on Apr 22, 2005 08:14 AM

damn...there was really nothing else over there back then so we went ther especially to get 555-soul stuff. You had to try on all their clothes cause everything fit diff even though it was supposed to be the same size. went away to school...and came back and it was everywhere...

www.wellbred.org

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by oneself on Apr 22, 2005 08:14 AM

damn...there was really nothing else over there back then so we went ther especially to get 555-soul stuff. You had to try on all their clothes cause everything fit diff even though it was supposed to be the same size. went away to school...and came back and it was everywhere...

--- Original message by dunkin deeznuts on Apr 22, 2005 03:53 PM

shit you still have to try on all their shit to this day! They'll have some shit in small that fits like a Large and XXLs that'll fit like a medium!