Hawaii

Kasper

quite recently, it has been decided that i have to attend a wedding in Hawaii and i have to leave in 2 days and i basically didn't have time to check a lot about the places so i was wondering if some of you had some advices about stuff to do do/visit, places to eat and have a couple beers etc.. i think i already know pretty much all i need about shopping (in4mation, kicks-hi, aloha rags and all the malls), but i have no idea what to do with the little free that i will have from having to drink beers with my gf's dad and uncles. i'll only be there for 5 days and have only a full day off, so island hoping won't be possible and i'll have to stay in Oahu. i was thinking of renting a car and driving around the island, checking out Pipeline, Sunset beach (i know it's lame, but i have to at least see it). any idea of some dope beaches, spots, etc that you would recommend that i wouldn't find in a tourist brochure?

thanks in advance

thanks dude, but i did search it up and found this thread and few others, i've been here long enough to know how it works. thing is there wasn't a mountain of info in the other threads so i thought somebody might have something new...

anyway, i'm more interrested about ideas of stuff to do/things to see than i am about shopping, eating or drinking.

^^

Yeah, hope that didnt come across too harsh (its a Simpsons reference). Anyway, Id recommend Waimanalo beach as there are def less tourists and I would strongly advise against the much touted Hanauma bay, which is essentially a bunch of tourists looking at dead coral and a handful of fish. Boogie boarding at Sandy's is also fun, but the break can be a little strong if I remember correctly. Umm...I guess there isnt a hell of a lot to do in HI outside of lounging on the beach (this was one of my main gripes when I lived there). Anyway, Ill post again if I can think of anything.

SHOOTS!

N.

if you're still there, you should check out either sushi masa (ward center) or sushi sasabune (on king street?)... masa is way friendlier, but sasabune prob has more unique sushi dishes. just order "omakase" and let the chef set you up...

for heartier, local fare... check out side street inn, ono's hawaiian bbq or rainbow drive-in. i miss hawaiian food!

• 4 weeks later...

OK I am headed to Oahu in February and doing some shopping and eats research as well. I have done the searching and checked out the other threads which are pretty decent but a bit dated one is from 2 years ago.

Is there anyone that has recently been to Oahu/Honolulu and has some good advice on shopping and eats that was not on these threads? I am also looking to pick up a used board for wake surfing back home (surfboards are hard to come by in alberta) Need a fish.