how to make a burnout tee

Rockn

You will have to use a cotton synthertic blend t-shirt. I don't know where you can purchase the burnout chemical, but I would suggest calling a fashion school with a textile department. The Acadamy of Art in San Francisco has a textile department and may be able to help you. That is where I learned textile and the burnout technique.

sounds interesting. what exactly is a burnout tee?

Haha, I was thinking in terms of a t-shirt on a street with a full speed moped wheel put right down on top of the t-shirt. :)

I think that burn out means making it look weathered, or vintage, right? If that's what y'all mean, then I'd suggest the clorox and saline solution method.

well my girl friend was wearing this amazing burnout sweatshirt by this company Jet, and they only do girls. So, I was hoping I could find a way to do it to a sweatshirt myself.

Most companies do a burn out tee: retro sport, morphine generation, and project e. They are super thin to the point where they are almost sheer.

I have this one Nine Inch Nails shirt that I bought in like the 5th grade that I wear like all the time now because it's so thin that the drape on it is just awesome. I wish I could find more shirts that did something similiar, seems like most shirts these days that are really thin / slim cut have to cling to your skin (I'm looking at you, AA).

I'm going to have to give one of those alternative apparel shirts a try.

• 3 weeks later...