Any freelance graphic designers around?

dumadiscount

lol i second artificialsky.

You could create the exact same thing by using calculated design theory or just pure randomness. Art works that way.

Or you could just bite off every single hypebeast label out there, throw on your own bandanas and skulls and allover prints, and call yourself a graphic designer too.

This is coming from a third year college graphic design major. I'm just being cynical though.

im have a problem too. im really trying to start my own clothing line, starting with t-shirts. skulls...don't like em, paisley print...overplayed. i must admit, im a sucker for all overs. but that's not what it's about. I hope to get a message across with many of my designs. Most of my designs make a statement, although some are just basic symbols, graphics etc.

my problem is, i don't have a graphic design program, and i fi did get one i was told it would take far to long to completely comprehend how to use it and be good with it. So i have the designs drawn out on paper, i just need them "computerized" I'd want them to look like they were done soley on a comp, rather than a scanned drawing on a t-shirt.

can anyone help me with this?

I believe if you want to hand draw something one technique is to draw it very large, scan it in and reduce it down. Apparently, that takes away a lot of the imperfections (Just what a friend told me after I saw some of his anime-type pics which looked like they were done on a graphics program but were actually done by hand). I'm sure there is a technical term for this. May be one of the graphic design experts on here would know.

Mmmm, you would draw it, scan it in the computer, try not to make it too sketchy (I think...). Then you would CG it. I'm not sure how CG works but, it's something like, you would open up, say photoshop, and trace ur outlines with bold black, and then color it in. and the bold lines differ sizes in different area.

you don't need a program to be a designer. programs are tools to deliver final products. paul rand never used a computer.

true artificialsky... everyone's a BAD designer these days!

i'd help you out, but i'm way too swamped with freelance at the moment. if you're not in a rush, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

you don't need a program to be a designer. programs are tools to deliver final products. paul rand never used a computer.

Good call ml. I have never used a computer to design a logo or graphic. Drawing is the best. For screen printing just separate your own graphics on paper with registration marks, take them to a copy shop and have them copied on transparent vinal paper, take em' to a screenprinter and get some samples made up. Or if you want one of your graphics on comp, take a big 4 megapixel shot of it and clean it up on any simple photo programme.