what do you guys think?

durdentk

What do you guys think of wearing your dry denim to a job that involves servicing oil rig tools? Do you think working in such an oil filled and dirty environment that it would ruin the jeans, or make them look really sweet after 6 months + of steady work. By the way I would be wearing coveralls over top of the jeans, so they wouldnt be in direct contact with the dry denim, but im sure some of the dirt and oil and water etc would go through onto my clothes underneath. Thanks guys!

ps: it is an extremely messy and dirty job

if your goal is to get nice natural creases you might want to consider the fact that the creases (especially the honeycombs) that develop when wearing coveralls will be different from when youre just walking down the street in your jeans. not sure if i phrased that clearly, but hopefully you get what im saying.

I don't know man, as I have stated before, I am a laundry man in Texas and some of our business comes from oil workers. We wash their jeans and their coveralls and without exception every pair I have washed for them have been absolutely ruined and incredibly ugly and stinking with oil. I don't know exactly what you do but if you are doing what these guys are doing your shit will be completely ruined. I have washed oil workers uniforms and to clean them it takes two to three washes with industrial strength degreaser and they still come out a shit brown color and reak of crude. If I were you I would buy some jeans you don't mind throwing away.

from http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11595

honestly i think you should think twice...