Authentic?

CaptMomo

hi,

my neighbour just gave me a pair of jeans and i would just like to use take this chance to learn more about identifying vintage levi's.

here are the pictures :

269420525_8870515834.jpg

269420526_10d0421414.jpg

from the several threads that i have read, certain vintage levi's have the black stitching at the top button hole. so does that make this pair of levis a authentic vintage piece or just another thai fake?

1983 The red ear model / it divides, sewing model For mass production, because the one which is judged from the cloth whose width is wide is efficient, the denim was adopted widely.

Until recently, as for the part where the ear is utilized, it could apply the lock,

Cone Mills corporation XXX denim payment of 61 inch width start 13.5 ● R) E     I    

1986 Dividing sewing model Stock of lug cloth is cut off   Payment stop of 29 inch denim of cone Mills 13.5 Discontinuance R) E     I    

translate this site in google:(it wont hotlink properly)

According to http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja7Cen&u=http://www.milktea.com/jeans/jeans_detail.htm&prev=/language_tools

I have seen 83 and 86 quoted in numerous places, so I am not sure which one is right.

I have seen it so many times I would need a ruling from Levis on this one. I say 86 cause of the above site, dont think anyone knows exactly, but if you can post something on it I am all ears....er all eyes!