Undercover Women's Collection 2007

Servo2000

Fascinating stuff. I wish I could find more detail shots, but alas, I've come short. From the articles I've read the tiny things sound like the most interesting part, as is often the case with Takashi. I'm interested to see what you fellows and gals think. Two sites with different angles:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/S2007RTW/review/UNDERCOV

http://www.elle.com/collections/9722/undercover-spring-2007-ready-to-wear-collections.html

The Times article:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/03/reports/rjessica4.php

Enjoy.

I think it might've been toned down considering it's his first women's collection. The ideas behind it are what I like to see in daily wear, i.e. typical fashion ideas "perverted" in small ways. The dog collars with evening gowns, the tiny skull motifs, etc...

I do, however, kind of wish that as his first "show" it would've been maybe a little more... over the top, as you probably agree, coldrice.

There were a couple of pieces, like the skull cape with the crystal eyes that you already mentioned, that very nearly compensated completely for whatever may have been lacking, though, in my opinion. Unfortunately, most of the pieces that didn't have that sort of "wow" factor were pretty weak. I don't really see what he was going for on most of them.

I think it'll be interesting to see where he goes with this.

I think it might've been toned down considering it's his first women's collection. The ideas behind it are what I like to see in daily wear, i.e. typical fashion ideas "perverted" in small ways. The dog collars with evening gowns, the tiny skull motifs, etc...

I do, however, kind of wish that as his first "show" it would've been maybe a little more... over the top, as you probably agree, coldrice.

There were a couple of pieces, like the skull cape with the crystal eyes that you already mentioned, that very nearly compensated completely for whatever may have been lacking, though, in my opinion. Unfortunately, most of the pieces that didn't have that sort of "wow" factor were pretty weak. I don't really see what he was going for on most of them.

I think it'll be interesting to see where he goes with this.

Actually this isn't his first show for women. There is a good discussion about this collection over at StyleZeitgeist. Here was my commentary about the collection from over there:

Wow. I would have never guessed this is Undercover if no one told me but after looking through the style.com pictures, its still very undercover and gothic in tone. Personally, I think Undercover needs this in order to build some legitimacy within the fashion world. Too much criticism greeted his last collection as a gimmick and the hard undertones needed some breathability. This is an astonding collection IMO. If Undercover and N(N) continue to expand and draw from the broader brush they have been using, I think Tokyo gen-x/y fashion labels will finally start to be regarded as influencial by the global fashion community...