How do Julian Red Detroits fit?

jooky

I'm looking for some denim that has a bit more of a relaxed look than my current pairs. Right now I have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims and a pair of JR Calis, both raw. I like them both a lot, but they're both rather skinny, and while I like that asthetic, it get olds after a while.

The construction and quality on my Calis has really impressed me, on it's own, as well as compared to my Nudies. The selvage denim is top notch, and I am seeing some impressive fading at only 2 months in. This has made me consider getting another pair of Julian Red jeans, and particularly the Detroit model, since I have heard it is a more relaxed fit than the Calis.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a lot of pictures of these jeans, nor can I seem to find a lot of information about them. Julian Red's website has a picture of a pair, but it seems a bit misleading, as it appears to be slimmer than the pictures of the Calis that they have. Does anyone have a pair that can take some pictures, or provide measurements? I'd really appreciate it.

Wow - if the construction of JR impressed you, you'll fall off your chair if you ever order a pair from one of the Japanese labels! The Detroits are not relaxed fitting everywhere, FOS5 described them as baggy yoke, tapered leg and that's a good description. Good luck dude.

I'm looking for some denim that has a bit more of a relaxed look than my current pairs. Right now I have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims and a pair of JR Calis, both raw. I like them both a lot, but they're both rather skinny, and while I like that asthetic, it get olds after a while.

The construction and quality on my Calis has really impressed me, on it's own, as well as compared to my Nudies. The selvage denim is top notch, and I am seeing some impressive fading at only 2 months in. This has made me consider getting another pair of Julian Red jeans, and particularly the Detroit model, since I have heard it is a more relaxed fit than the Calis.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a lot of pictures of these jeans, nor can I seem to find a lot of information about them. Julian Red's website has a picture of a pair, but it seems a bit misleading, as it appears to be slimmer than the pictures of the Calis that they have. Does anyone have a pair that can take some pictures, or provide measurements? I'd really appreciate it.

which site are you looking at? the 2006 or the 2004.

Hmm, I don't appreciate the raw denim in calis that much but maybe it's just me (or they have changed).

Buy some quality 501 repros -style that never goes out of fashion! :D

the detroits.... hmmm lets start with the 16" rear rise, other than that a pretty nice fit, they went half way up my back, as for the denim quality on the cali's i love mine, denim bar has detroit's(washed), cali's(washed & dry), hobokens (washed & dry).

deathmullet: i was looking at the 2006 site, i didnt know that they had a website for their older collections. i see it now, and the detroit is not what i was expecting, i suppose. they are a baggy anti-fit look, which i guess i should have expected, coming from JR

synthi:i know that JR isn't the pinnacle of denim in terms of quality, but in my limited experience of jeans, they are by far the nicest pair that i have owned. the detroits don't really seem to be my cup of tea, so maybe i'll end up getting a pair of pbj xx-003s instead.

thanks for all the info, guys. it looks like i'll be picking up something else besides these in the future.