superbattle: anklestacking vs. no ankle-stacking

masuerte

I will provide pics later. But what is your personal opinion on how superskinny/tapered denim falls on the ankle?

--------x (2:16:18 AM): eg... see canice when she rocks her chucks

--------x (2:16:57 AM): although she just did a high-cuff, the chainstitch would have the same inseam shortening effect

POGI BOY (2:17:10 AM): link plz

--------x (2:17:23 AM): then, once theyve done their job, take em off.... and bam... perfect inseam fit, and your honeycombs

--------x (2:17:44 AM): k. let me find it

--------x (2:20:43 AM): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/caniceleung2/clothes/092706.jpg

--------x (2:21:30 AM): she didnt even have to chainstitch or get longer inseam

--------x (2:21:44 AM): shes gonna get honeycombs for sure rocking it like that

--------x (2:22:45 AM): man, that is BIG ups. girl rocking chucks properly with jeans. *wolf whistle*

POGI BOY (2:22:53 AM): she rocks jeans well

POGI BOY (2:22:55 AM): even baggy

POGI BOY (2:23:03 AM): now you know what I mean by boy jeans for my sisters

POGI BOY (2:23:06 AM): I mean canice jeans

--------x (2:23:24 AM): my sevens fit like that

POGI BOY (2:23:55 AM): I think most of my denim is chainstitched

POGI BOY (2:24:07 AM): even crates are chainstitched methinks

POGI BOY (2:24:20 AM): oh wait

POGI BOY (2:24:32 AM): on the cuffs right?

POGI BOY (2:24:35 AM): I'm getting confused

--------x (2:24:50 AM): no the bunching up of the knees

POGI BOY (2:25:02 AM): she got the nknees tapered

POGI BOY (2:25:03 AM): ?

--------x (2:25:36 AM): no they're just bunching cause of the cuff she did, her shoes effectively push her jeans up

--------x (2:25:48 AM): causing the knees to bunch

POGI BOY (2:26:08 AM): I like bunching at the ankle and knees

--------x (2:26:50 AM): at the ankle? ok thats gross to me, lol sorry. the knees is cool

POGI BOY (2:26:58 AM): I like both

POGI BOY (2:27:31 AM): I don't think I'd look good with like... clean ankle line on my jeans

POGI BOY (2:27:47 AM): looks like high-water

POGI BOY (2:28:34 AM): and good luck getting april 77s then

POGI BOY (2:28:46 AM): the whole idea with aprils is that the inseam is freakishly long

POGI BOY (2:28:57 AM): and curved weird at ankles to have stacking

POGI BOY (2:29:21 AM): check pics

POGI BOY (2:29:23 AM): http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=201185&postcount=163

--------x (2:29:31 AM): nah the hem is narrow as hell, which is the only way (imho) to rock long inseam

--------x (2:29:46 AM): the ankles will not bunch like that, only the knees will

POGI BOY (2:30:40 AM): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/hashiriyaS13/april77fit2.jpg

POGI BOY (2:31:00 AM): hella stacky

--------x (2:31:18 AM): look at chris' pics

POGI BOY (2:31:27 AM): oh he does that too

--------x (2:31:27 AM): no cankle stacks

POGI BOY (2:31:38 AM): he ankle stacks like crazy ino ther pics

--------x (2:31:57 AM): yeah thats gross. the one where he's rockin the vans, thats clean

POGI BOY (2:32:07 AM): oh and skinny jeans w/o ankle stackin' = leggings

--------x (2:32:24 AM): i dont mind a legging fit

POGI BOY (2:32:30 AM): will get pics for you (w/ my shitty phone cam) for tomorrow

--------x (2:32:39 AM): flashback to jeffrey's jetsetter outfit...

--------x (2:33:53 AM): if i should get the 77's , youll see. trust. no ankle bunch

--------x (2:34:23 AM): ill even do a faux pas chain stitch at the knees if i have to

POGI BOY (2:35:32 AM): lol

POGI BOY (2:35:40 AM): I'm posting this on superfuture

I love jeans that stack well on the shins. Diors at 37" are on the longer end, but for shorter people like me, at 5'9", even APC's stack a bit, I think it looks nice on the models with tiny hems like the Cure and New Cure. sXXXe got some nice bunching with his New Standards and bigger sneakers.

I just enjoy the way the light plays off high and low areas of fabric, it's a luxuriant look for clothes. The way it keeps from looking ill-fitting is by being fitted in some areas, like the hem, and thighs.

It might look stupid in the year 2020 when we look back on it, but I think it looks cool for the time being.

I used to get all mine hemmed to 29.5" for a decent amount of ankle stack but allowed me to walk barefoot without dragging or stepping on the heel section too much. But I just got some APCs and I think I'll keep the full inseam cuz they look awesome.

In the end, you should have varied inseam lengths in all your jeans.

why does masuerte always bring up my name? this, unlike all the other threads, actually has me supercreeped.

I realise this and I try to deal with your presence in my life with some humour. I mean I was just talking about your jeans this time. I'm pretty sure I never portray you crassly in my posts. Wow, I wasn't even trying and I feel all creepy. My bad.

wow... I feel really bad now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have pretty big feet for my height (5'8" size 12 foot) but like tapered jeans so I'm pro-stack. It makes things look a little roomier down there so I don;t look like I'm wearing clown shoes.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont like the stacking in the pic you posted sam, but I do liek a bit of stacking, a little bunch about the ankles looks good almost everytime.

Whaddya mean you don't like it?

You don't think a pair of Dukes (37" inseam) on a dude who stands about 5'7" is flattering?

C'mon....